• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi guys!!

Hi! I'm Kaitlyn! I was diagnosed with Aspergers in second grade and I went to regular school. I was bullied a lot because of that, but I'd like to hope that it made me a nicer person. I'm the only one in my family with Aspergers. It's so nice to have people to talk to who understand!!
Weird question, but what is something you really enjoy learning/ talking about?
For me, it's the ocean! I go on and on about it! It drives my family crazy! haha!

Welcome!

I like history, and in particular, social history (e.g. how people lived in a certain place and time).

Lately, I've been obsessed with C.S. Lewis, and I've been constantly telling everyone in my life random facts about him.

Hi Kaitlyn, welcome! :)

I was bullied my whole life too. I’m sorry to hear that you were :(

You seem really friendly and sweet and I hope you like it here :)

I love talking, learning, and educating people about dogs!

Are you interested in marine biology?

welcome to af.png

Welcome. It makes me sad hearing about people bullied. I was never bullied, but picked up on messages that I was so different that I had no social value. This was despite people thinking I was normal and my social avoidance was a choice. It is understandable that such experience that you had would lead you to be nicer and accepting, yet I hope you will have strong personal boundaries.

I enjoy scuba diving and the oceans. Plus, a natural extension of this has been my fossil collecting on ancient reefs and in ancient estuaries inhabited by creatures like the Tully Monster (in the Pennsylvanian) or Spinosaurs (in the Cretaceous).

Hi! I'm Kaitlyn! I was diagnosed with Aspergers in second grade and I went to regular school. I was bullied a lot because of that, but I'd like to hope that it made me a nicer person. I'm the only one in my family with Aspergers. It's so nice to have people to talk to who understand!!
For me, it's the ocean! I go on and on about it! It drives my family crazy! haha!
Hi Katitlyn. Be very welcom to the forums...

Ocean sounds a real fun subject!!!

I can gon and on about mathematics (specially number theory and complex functions), phiysics (specially quantum physics) and economics...numbers along with matter (particles, planets, stars...)and human behaviours facing restricted/specific conditions fascinate me to a point that makes me want ask people why spending precious time doing ordinary daily things while there is so much to be discussed and discover on issues like those I mentioned ....But, I don't...LOL.. I know it wouldn't be very well accepted.

hello kaitlyn it's nice to meet you! i completely agree with it being nice to communicate with people who understand, this forum has brought so much joy to me. i hope you find everyone here to be welcoming as well. :)
wow, that's really fascinating! the ocean scares me unfortunately but im glad you like it.
i can go on and on about marvel, i love everything about it. everyone that knows me constantly hears me talk and gush about it the same way you do with the ocean.
again welcome!

Hi Kaitlyn, welcome! :)

I was bullied my whole life too. I’m sorry to hear that you were :(

You seem really friendly and sweet and I hope you like it here :)

I love talking, learning, and educating people about dogs!

Are you interested in marine biology?
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE Marine Bio!!! I also love dogs, especially mine!!

I would be happy to talk with you about any type of animal biology :)
What kind of dog do you have? All of mine are in my signature below my posts, lol
I have 2, a goldendoodle named Daisy (I call her Day-day becuase she's the light of my life) and a maltese named Haven, (I call her Heihei, becuase sometimes she's not very smart. haha)

I have 2, a goldendoodle named Daisy (I call her Day-day becuase she's the light of my life) and a maltese named Haven, (I call her Heihei, becuase sometimes she's not very smart. haha)

Omg they sound so cute! I would love to see pics of them if you feel comfortable sharing!
I have 3 Dogo Argentinos, a Newfoundland, a Pointer, a Doberman, and a Portuguese Podengo.
Kodi, Chesca, Hex, Odin, Enzo, Malos, and Linda. There are probably thousands of pictures and videos of my dogs on here lol

Omg they sound so cute! I would love to see pics of them if you feel comfortable sharing!
I have 3 Dogo Argentinos, a Newfoundland, a Pointer, a Doberman, and a Portuguese Podengo.
Kodi, Chesca, Hex, Odin, Enzo, Malos, and Linda. There are probably thousands of pictures and videos of my dogs on here lol
I can't figure out how to share pictures!! silly me.

I can't figure out how to share pictures!! silly me.
Oh it's not your fault! :) It's a bit confusing, especially since the site was recently updated.
At the bottom of the post as you're typing it, there's a symbol of a paper clip that says "attach files." You can click on that and upload a photo.

Oh it's not your fault! :) It's a bit confusing, especially since the site was recently updated.
At the bottom of the post as you're typing it, there's a symbol of a paper clip that says "attach files." You can click on that and upload a photo.
Umm, sorry, got to go

New Threads

Top Bottom