• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi everyone

Redgirl

My name is Tamara, I'm 39, I'll be 40 this year. I'm not diagnosed but I'm pretty convinced I have Aspergers.

I can't afford to get tested right now and can't find anyone who takes my insurance who does testing. I've always known I didn't function in the world the same as everyone else. But I didn't know what it was and I couldn't name it. Then I was diagnosed with bipolar and anxiety and I thought that would be the answer but it wasn't. I was still different.

I have spent many years coming up with superficial coping mechanisms. Some are good and some are not. But when it comes down to it I am still lost in a lot of ways when it comes to dealing with life and the neurotypical. When I finally came to the Aspergers diagnosis for myself I really felt relieved, it shed light on so many things. But for me it won't really be concrete until I get a professional diagnosis.

I hope to get to know you guys and get active here.

My name is Tamara, I'm 39, I'll be 40 this year. I'm not diagnosed but I'm pretty convinced I have Aspergers.

I can't afford to get tested right now and can't find anyone who takes my insurance who does testing. I've always known I didn't function in the world the same as everyone else. But I didn't know what it was and I couldn't name it. Then I was diagnosed with bipolar and anxiety and I thought that would be the answer but it wasn't. I was still different.

I have spent many years coming up with superficial coping mechanisms. Some are good and some are not. But when it comes down to it I am still lost in a lot of ways when it comes to dealing with life and the neurotypical. When I finally came to the Aspergers diagnosis for myself I really felt relieved, it shed light on so many things. But for me it won't really be concrete until I get a professional diagnosis.

I hope to get to know you guys and get active here.

So much sounds so familiar, Redgirl. You are not alone.

Welcome to the forums! :D

Sounds a lot like my situation. Why spend the money on something you already know to be the case? It's far more economical to buy some books on the subject, do online research and maybe watch some Aspergers YouTube videos. I personally can't imagine a shrink telling me anything I don't already know about myself at this point. Just try to understand everything you can Aspergers. The more you know, the better off you'll be.

New Threads

Top Bottom