• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, advice on help for aspergers ?

Anna, I would like to offer this spin to you. I an new to this site and social media and typing on an I phone as well. Hang with me here.
Aspergers is not a disease or disability. It is more like a super ability. It's a wild horse that need some, love, care, time encouragement and some serious and deep thought on what you like and don't like. Be true to your own light. Disregard anyone that puts you down. An excellent life awaits you, your choose. No one can take control, but you can give self control away. Do not lose your self. It is perfect. Next.
Search the web for those that have or are suspected of having Aspers. Many, very many have changed the paradigm of human experience. Newton, Tesla, Bill Gates? Come on girl, give it a few days, focus, we do that better than some, decide specifically in detail what you want. Then stretch your wings and fly. I'm not sure about this but, if you fall some may be able to catch you.
There was a US pilot in the Korean War that bailed out at over 30000 feet. Chute never opened, hit pine trees on a steep mountain slope. Slid down the mountain on his butt. Lived, was frost bitten. Don't panic. Write me in a couple days after you get more feedback, please. EP

I wrote you a really nice reply and of course the draft disappeared.
I wrote about your hospitality and how you are an asset to this community not to say that I undervalue anyone else's kindness on this forum . Sometimes words or ideas come to me for specific people. This probably makes nonsense .

I was examined by two doctors if you look in the above post I do not have AS. I have severe deppression/anxiety . Low self esteem and little confidence in myself . I was also severely tramatized as a child by my brother who was diagnosed with aspergers . He has aspgerers but he is also incapable of loving other people. I had a friend in hs with as & he was the nicest guy ever. He had a few quirks but he never hurt me or anyone .

One example of trama is I was 4-6 for some reason I had a telephone on my lap. My brother set me up some how to answer the phone . I don't remember. Regardless I picked it up & I didn't know it was him . He told me he was watching me through the window he was outside and he was going to kill me. I was histerical and I think that was my first panic attack. I Remeber this happening at least five times . It happened at night . I also still have trouble sleeping . Eventually he admitted it was him he laughed and sneered in my face . I told him he was hurting me & he SMILED. Apparently my suffering was hilarious to him My mother eventually found out bc I told her and she put a stop to it.

I believe he makes aspergers people look bad because he uses it as an excuse .

To this day I struggle with the idea of dating Iam terrified of men. I think they will inevitably trash me . I try to protect myself from being a means to an end for any man ever again.

He never apologized , never acknowledged what he did . I think he was a coward . I blindly forgave him for the atrocities he commited against me . Maybe bc I loved him or maybe I was a doormat. I wonder what is wrong with me that I never ever gave up on him . I also wonder if because of my trama Iam like fossilized at the age it started . Iam innocent /naive/ genuinely not prejudiced . Talking to me you will actually not be judged (there are expections I'm not entirely perfect). I always try to do the right thing. I'm a terrible liar and I feel incapable of pulling off stealing . I'm super innocent like a little girl .i want everyone to be happy and to offend no one.

Excuse me if that was super long !

Sounds good to me! :) I don't know if it's all the passion tea I've been drinking but I <3 everyone lol

Ps. The mispronunciation bothered me bc to me it came across as a lack of respect. I also deeply identified & sympathized with AS people & their daily trials. I spent a lot of time researching AS. I felt the least someone could do was pronounce their condition correctly . Maybe that's just me . In my head I was like your saying it wrong & OMG you said it wrong gain.. And they both said wrong together at the same time !!! Djskwkwnwbhhhhvv

I wish I could pronounce it right too. Either it comes out a burger, a purger, or so slurred to avoid them both I sound drunk. I blame the AS giving my tongue motor function difficulties. XD

I wish I could pronounce it right too. Either it comes out a burger, a purger, or so slurred to avoid them both I sound drunk. I blame the AS giving my tongue motor function difficulties. XD

Have you tried watching people pronounce it correctly ?

If I listen to a recorded speaking enough times I can practice & eventually learn to pronounce words correctly !. I read also aspie people can pick up accents through enviorment or osmosis!

Have you tried watching people pronounce it correctly ?

If I listen to a recorded speaking enough times I can practice & eventually learn to pronounce words correctly !. I read also aspie people can pick up accents through enviorment or osmosis!
Don't I know it. I listen to some music or watch a movie with a thick enough accent, I pick it up. I'm going through some Celtic music at the moment and when I was talking to my kid a moment ago I was rolling my Rs.

Don't I know it. I listen to some music or watch a movie with a thick enough accent, I pick it up. I'm going through some Celtic music at the moment and when I was talking to my kid a moment ago I was rolling my Rs.

Omg ! I was binge watching the royals season from e! Omg I had a "bloody " British accent "love" lol
I kept bloody doing it until I watched a film with an actress in it that I sound a little bit like.

Off topic I worked in a hair salon & I'm in NY . All the staff there tawlked like this . It was awful. Hey I'm a hawrdressa from new yawk ... Where is the damn caphee . I picked it up a smidge ..

Oh mi gawd.
Yeah ya haers a mess !! Lol

Omg ! I was binge watching the royals season from e! Omg I had a "bloody " British accent "love" lol
I kept bloody doing it until I watched a film with an actress in it that I sound a little bit like.

Off topic I worked in a hair salon & I'm in NY . All the staff there tawlked like this . It was awful. Hey I'm a hawrdressa from new yawk ... Where is the damn caphee . I picked it up a smidge ..

Oh mi gawd.
Yeah ya haers a mess !! Lol
Great, now it's stuck in my head! :tonguewink:

I would love to hear an Austrian pronouce Aspergers. Since its named after an Austrian Dr. Glad your sticking around, and not every Dr gets it right. Some dont even believe AS exhists. Or that adults can be on the spectrum. I took me a good 6 months to fully accept my diagnosis of AS. While it doesnt change who I am, it does change how I approach things now. I am better able to cope and deal with life in a much healthier way than before. Learning and reading books on AS and with help from my therapist, I am a much happier Aspie now. Dodger

I would love to hear an Austrian pronouce Aspergers. Since its named after an Austrian Dr. Glad your sticking around, and not every Dr gets it right. Some dont even believe AS exhists. Or that adults can be on the spectrum. I took me a good 6 months to fully accept my diagnosis of AS. While it doesnt change who I am, it does change how I approach things now. I am better able to cope and deal with life in a much healthier way than before. Learning and reading books on AS and with help from my therapist, I am a much happier Aspie now. Dodger
I'm really happy for
You . I'm glad I'm sticking around too! :)

You are welcome to stay Annayoung. We are co-partners in co-morbids, which is to say we nearly all have or have had depression and anxiety. Many of us are on more or less permanent treatment plans for it. But really anyone is welcome in my book if they they are interested to.

Have your doctors mentioned PTSD as a possibility? Some of your symptoms and the cause of it bring that to mind. Being exposed to such things at a young age does have a very deep and dramatic effect on you. But its not hopeless as far as healing goes.

When I got to where I live now, I was alarmed by snakes once in awhile right around the house. I knew there were poisonous ones and many non-poisonous ones, but didn't know how to tell them apart. And having small children I had to exterminate them all but it was terrible, because I knew I was killing totally safe little creatures. So I borrowed a Snake poster of the different kinds to study and compare them too, and found guides on the internet. Then when I saw one I would try and memorize what it looked like and run in the house and look it up quick. I never had to kill a snake since.

People are more complicated, but can be a bit like the snakes. There are good and bad and inbetween. Give yourself time to learn how to tell the difference between them in a safe way. Just one experience with a good snake can change everything. Now I really like them and even try and encourage them to stay. Garter Snakes are really cute animals and they eat lots of bugs and such. And they don't ever bite unless you really are physically hurting them.

I can give my words for it since ive been diagnosed when I was two and properly found out when I was eleven is this you're still like everyone else you're brain is just a little different well everyone is different in a way. also the name of the condition is German that's why it sounds funny well the whole German language is full of weird sounding words.

I can give my words for it since ive been diagnosed when I was two and properly found out when I was eleven is this you're still like everyone else you're brain is just a little different well everyone is different in a way. also the name of the condition is German that's why it sounds funny well the whole German language is full of weird sounding words.

Definitely! I'm glad you found out later and not sooner! That would be a nochtmare ! ;)

You are welcome to stay Annayoung. We are co-partners in co-morbids, which is to say we nearly all have or have had depression and anxiety. Many of us are on more or less permanent treatment plans for it. But really anyone is welcome in my book if they they are interested to.

Have your doctors mentioned PTSD as a possibility? Some of your symptoms and the cause of it bring that to mind. Being exposed to such things at a young age does have a very deep and dramatic effect on you. But its not hopeless as far as healing goes.

When I got to where I live now, I was alarmed by snakes once in awhile right around the house. I knew there were poisonous ones and many non-poisonous ones, but didn't know how to tell them apart. And having small children I had to exterminate them all but it was terrible, because I knew I was killing totally safe little creatures. So I borrowed a Snake poster of the different kinds to study and compare them too, and found guides on the internet. Then when I saw one I would try and memorize what it looked like and run in the house and look it up quick. I never had to kill a snake since.

People are more complicated, but can be a bit like the snakes. There are good and bad and inbetween. Give yourself time to learn how to tell the difference between them in a safe way. Just one experience with a good snake can change everything. Now I really like them and even try and encourage them to stay. Garter Snakes are really cute animals and they eat lots of bugs and such. And they don't ever bite unless you really are physically hurting them.

Good point Tom! No my pschologist did not bring up PTSD. I'm mad at her right now . She thinks I can think my way out of depression with no pills!! She does not want to hear about childhood . She says her cognitive behavioral therapy is different we give you tools for you to make decisions . Honestly the things she's told me in therapy aren't any different than what a friend told me . Maybe I'm in patient !,
I wish life were as easy as picking snakes from a chart ! :)

Last edited:
Hi excuse me I need to rant . My psychologist is manipulative & does not have my best wishes at hand.
She reminds me of a very subtle narssist . I hope I can explain everything my mom had to tell me I was upset for me to realize something was wrong ..I am leaving her.

1. She keeps bad mouthing my parents & tries to intimidate me by telling me I'm not independent if I let them in the office or talk to her about our sessions... Iam severely deppressed with severe anxiety, there is a reason they are getting involved.

2. I need to be on antidepressants iam so deppressed I can't get out of bed sometimes. She tried to intimidate me into not getting any medication ... She is aware I have anxiety attacks that last three hours, it feels like the lining of my stomach is eating itself .

3 after speaking to her I have been more of a mess. Having episodes I can't stop crying. Sometimes I'm screaming , occasionally I might throw something . ( it's usually something soft ) she looked at me like I was insane or psychotic . she told me your feelings are very intense. She was trying to convince me I was unstable. I actually started to think I said something I wasn't supposed to say. She said things I can't remember that made me feel like I revealed too much

She also asked me after I explained to her in sufficient detail what was going on during these incidents . That the anxiety was stronger than me . She said "I want you to write down your thoughts . I want to get a glimpse into your mind . I wan to see what's going on so I can help. I wan to get inside your mind"

The way she said it sounded like she was talking about getting inside the mind of a psychotic killer

Last edited:
I feel hurt scared & vulnerable . What if she puts down that I'm psychotic ? IM NOT . She is terrifying. She knows way more manipulative psychology lingo than I do . I think I need therapy for what just happened . My mother wwants to write a letter. I believe this woman won't go down without a fight . My anxiety is 50% worse than when I started

Thank you for listening to me , I feel better . I was histerical. Her body language was also BIZZARE.

Ps I would love to hear any thoughts !

Last edited:
I had one therapist and that was a bad experience for me. It was a long time ago (over 20 years) but, it turned me off to therapy forever. I didn't figure out that I was on the spectrum for sure until about 5 years ago. I had my suspicions all along but, I wasn't convinced.

I have had an amazing career and, am now a behind the scenes freelance artist. I have a husband, a daughter and two step children, 3 grand kids and one great grandchild. Being on the spectrum is simply one part of who I am and, whether i admitted it to myself or not, it has always been a part of who I am. I did not change when I accepted that I was an Aspie. I'm still me. I didn't unlearn anything I knew, I didn't become less intelligent, less skilled or less talented. I just put name to host of difficulties I have dealt with all of my life is all.

I am still a great cook, good songwriter, decent vocalist, pretty amazing keyboarder, fair guitarist and drummer and, i still make clarinets and saxophones squeal horribly when I try to play them. :) I can't hit an A-sharp (musical note) without hurting my own ears when have my buds in, or the headphones on, never could, it always hurts my ears. Nothing change except instead of a long list of problems and difficulties, I have one item on my "it's a problem" list - Asperger's or ASD (Okay more than that on the list but, I don't think needing to loose a little weight, hair beginning to turn gray and, nearing menopause are Aspie specific problems.) LOL

Last edited:
I had one therapist and that was a bad experience for me. It was a long time ago (over 20 years) but, it turned me off to therapy forever. I didn't figure out that I was on the spectrum for sure until about 5 years ago. I had my suspicions all along but, I wasn't convinced.

I have had an amazing career and, am now a behind the scenes freelance artist. I have a husband, a daughter and two step children, 3 grand kids and one great grandchild. Being on the spectrum is simply one part of who I am and, whether i admitted it to myself or not, it has always been a part of who I am. I did not change when I accepted that I was an Aspie. I'm still me. I didn't unlearn anything I kew, I didn't become less intelligent, less skilled or less talented. I just put name to host of difficulties I have dealt with all of my life is all.

I am still a great cook, good songwriter, decent vocalist, pretty amazing keyboarder, fair guitarist and drummer and, i still make clarinets and saxophones squeal horribly when I try to play them. :) I can't hit an A-sharp (musical note) without hurting my own ears when have my buds in, or the headphones on, never could, it always hurts my ears. Nothing change except instead of a long list of problems and difficulties, I have one item on my "it's a problem" list - Asperger's or ASD (Okay more than that on the list but, I don't think needing to loose a little weight, hair beginning to turn gray and, nearing menopause are Aspie specific problems.) LOL

Excuse me for replying late! Iam happy to hear you are happy & you enjoy life. To hear others enjoying life is a sign of hope to me . Xoxoxo Iam currently on zoloft ! Thank god !! I can move and do things again! I'm reading watching the news! It's incredible !! This is kind of the happiest time of my life .

Excuse me this is going to be impulsive .. Iam 100% sure I have Asperger's. A sibling has it really bad . I really need help . I think I'm supposed to start with a psychologist & change my diet as well, cognitive social skills studies. Read aspergers books. I'm trying daily Meditations/affirmations.

Any advice from anyone on here on what to do ??
Any happy people with as on here ?

I'm currently struggling with the grief of facing that I have this. I know I've had it since I was a teenager but I couldn't face it yet. I'm really overwhelmed.. So much so I was reading about all the traits an adult aspie has & I have nearly all of them listed .. I tried to color my hair today which I do regularly & it was so difficult .. I almost couldn't handle it ..

It's hard for me to fix something if I don't actually know what's wrong & I have problems taking criticism & I may never fit in. Will I ever be happy? Or remotely normal ? Can I do it ?

I day dream about things I probably can't have friends, children , a happy marriage, a home .. I feel so incapable that isn't to say I think any of you are incapable .. I didn't feel this way before I faced this.

Don't let a diagnosis devastate you. It carries with it some good qualities. I've found the biggest hurdle I came up against were the mental "brick walls". I worked hard in strengthening my own mind growing up also. I have my good times and bad times but I'm generally happy. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

if you want to change your diet thare is a book caled tracking down your hidden food allergy i hope it helps i wish you a happy day

New Threads

Top Bottom