• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

heyas...

Nitro

Admin/Immoral Turpitude
Staff member
Admin
V.I.P Member
I hope my socially unacceptable behaviors will be tolerated here...I am a very high functioning traumatic brain injury survivor with frontal lobe damage...call it a Harley-Davidson/couch lobotomy, I do...Having skirted the death issue and returning from an infantile state,my cognition improved to a remarkable level and I began to study me for more fixes for that...then I discovered the spectrum...yep,have it and may have someone look at it on a pro level with the scrambled egg stuff if they are willing to tackle it...any suggestions?

Hello, Gene! Don't worry---as long as you are respectful of others and yourself, you'll do just fine here.

It's amazing how resilient the brain can be . . . glad to hear you've recovered so much from such an injury. As Sportster says, you could try an unofficial diagnostic test or two just to see where you might fall on the spectrum. If you really think you have ASD, then by all means, pursue a professional opinion if possible (and if that's what you want). Not everybody feels the need to be officially diagnosed, but having a professional's backing can really help in many ways.

Welcome to AspiesCentral.

My aspey like qualities have led me here...my Aspey like qualities made me study it to the fullest...I took a few online tests...I scored in the money...my question was really who might want to study a spectrum issue combined with my TBI...I think there is a lot to be learned here as TBI and the spectrum have very similar common traits and I like to think this may be helpful as a learning tool for Autism studies...I have made a first contact with Temple Grandin and want her advice as well...my disability offers me a personal assistant who has an autistic grandson...I feel obligated to help the kid as I get it now...as I mentioned,I have savant like skills and take studies seriously...I see iso like drawings of the world and over analyze everything...it is a very complicated lifestyle...I will take the MENSA test to see what is left of my old brain...my pre-injury Stanford test netted a score of 156...I think I can beat it...as a TBI advocate my opening line is "never is not a acceptable answer!" If I had a nickel for all the nevers I was promised I would be rich now...

Welcome!!! All are welcome here. From what you shared, it does sound like you have made a remarkable recovery. If you're wondering if you have Asperger's, I'd recommend completing some of the online assessments. That will give you a starting point. If everything points that way, then you can decide whether or not to pursue an "official" diagnosis.
funny... My Sportster is what dinked my noggin

Welcome Gene :)

Glad to hear you're well now after your accident. You'll find that reading forums, asking questions, and sharing experiences here can help you decide whether you may want to have an official diagnoses.

Also, we have a great list of recommended books on ASD, should you want to get your hands on some books: Asperger's & Autism Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Welcome Gene :)

Glad to hear you're well now after your accident. You'll find that reading forums, asking questions, and sharing experiences here can help you decide whether you may want to have an official diagnoses.

Also, we have a great list of recommended books on ASD, should you want to get your hands on some books: Asperger's & Autism Resources | AspiesCentral.com
Thank you in a most neurtyp way...laughs

From the day of distant tomorrow, I send a retro hello to a good Friend :) you are an AC Superstar
Here are some pics from my driveway inhabitants
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom