• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey

Hello, it’s nice to meet you!
Thank you. I joined here to understand more about autism and being more independent to understand my boyfriend more who is on the spectrum bc we have been together for a year before his mother separated us saying I have no future to offer him!!!

How do i help my boyfriend who is autistic to become independent with out fear of is mommy controlling him and trying to stop him bc she wants him to rely on her??

welcome to af.png

Welcome. I hope you like it here
How do i help my boyfriend who is autistic to become independent with out fear of is mommy controlling him and trying to stop him bc she wants him to rely on her??
@WVV , Perhaps ask that under Private Discussions or Love, Relationships, and Dating.

On the banner above the page you will see the labels; Forums Blogs Media Resources etc. Click on Forums and a list of topics followed by new posts followed by profile posts.

Then click on the topic you want to post to and then fill in a title and what you want to post. It is all pretty intuitive.

Ask his mother for objective criteria to demonstrate independence. If she won't provide the criteria, suggest some. This might look like a steady job, have a place picked out, be able to cook own meals, etc.

Tomorrow the site will be down, for a storage upgrade. But we may be up and running Wed! Welcome. Perhaps ask the mother to be more specific to as why she felt you add no value to the relationship. That's kinda of sad to hear. Hope you are handling this okay, by the way. You probably need to sit down and talk things out with the mother of the young gentleman. Perhaps to better understand her bias towards you.

New Threads

Top Bottom