• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey I have Asperger's.

Sean2222

My name is Sean and I live in New Jersey. Been diagnosed three times with AS since age 18 and am looking to find some others that have it or are on the spectrum and live near me. Or any support groups, or treatment centers, or doctors specializing in Asperger's. Not sure if you are allowed to post your email or not, I'm new here. But please email me or pm me, whatever else.

-sean-

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the community at Aspies Central. Hope you have a good time here and stay active.

Welcome! Unfortunately I don't know a thing about New Jersey. But you can enjoy the online community here.

Welcome Sean2222 to Aspies Central and I think most of us here have Aspergers as a matter of fact so your definitely not alone here and it's for definite that you have it if you have been diagnosed 3 times.

But wasn't it really pricey to get diagnosed like 3 times if your based in America?

Not at all. They all took my insurance and I am dual eligible so I pay zero. I didn't need more convincing as much as my mom who just couldn't fathom her son having these disabilities. . I read the dsm on AS and realized I was 500% of the symptoms without even seeing anyone to evaluate me. But I guess it's more than official. So noone lives in southern new jersey, philadelphia, new york maybe>? What about any aspie dating or meeting sites on the net other than aspie affection or okcupid?

-sean-

Last edited:
welcome-to-aspies-central.jpg

Dude - this is only my opinion, but if you've been diagnosed three times, that's enough. To have been diagnosed once would have probably been good enough. What's important is that you yourself are confident that you have AS. To get diagnosed another time would simply be a waste of time. If your mom is in denial about you having Asperger's then that's too bad. She should accept that you have Asperger's. Just because she wishes that you didn't have Asperger's doesn't mean that you don't have it. It's dangerous to think that you don't have something just because you wish that it weren't true. I just heard of a story about a woman who refused to believe that she had cancer. Well, she really did have cancer, and by the time she finally realized that she had it, it was far too late to treat it.

Last edited:
Not at all. They all took my insurance and I am dual eligible so I pay zero. I didn't need more convincing as much as my mom who just couldn't fathom her son having these disabilities. . I read the dsm on AS and realized I was 500% of the symptoms without even seeing anyone to evaluate me. But I guess it's more than official. So noone lives in southern new jersey, philadelphia, new york maybe>? What about any aspie dating or meeting sites on the net other than aspie affection or okcupid?

-sean-

Ah, that's pretty cool, there's aspies everywhere to come think of it, I don't really rely on dating sites since they don't really seem much help for me and it's completely unnecessary as I'm currently in a relationship anyways so it wasn't much use to me.

Anyways, I have heard some good success stories about aspies affection, i they this two couples has actually gotten married at one point.

If you're officially diagnosed and you had the same results, then its definitely certain that yo have aspergers, but it seems that your mum on the other hand doesn't seem to see if from your side of the story if I'm right on that?

Hi all I am a mom with an adult daughter with an aspergers diagnosis.. I believe if evaluated I would fall somewhere on the spectrum but perhaps not as severe as my daughter..We also have a diagnosis of a rare type of muscular dystrophy that further has devastated many aspects of our lives and probably our futures. I am really interested in getting to know others with aspergers as I believe this is part of the full picture of what we are experiencing..kayceebee

Hi Sean!
I'm in the Philadelphia Area (Delaware County, if you're familiar with it). Not sure where you are in Jersey,but I'm only familiar with South Jersey (I know that's Philly-typical). I'm involved with and work for an agency that provides ASD services in this area of PA. Not sure if that helps - but let me know if I can do something else! And Welcome!

New Threads

Top Bottom