• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey guys :)

Hey :) My name is Lizzy and I just joined here today. I'm 14 years old and I'm a freshman in highschool. I'm in a broken and abusive family who judges me for being autistic (asbergers), and I'm on this site looking to talk to other people in similar situations as I am :)

Hello and welcome!!!

Abusive family, I've been there. The ones who are "supposed" to protect you give you the most pain.

The good news is that there is still good in this world, there are good people out there, it may take some time to find them.

Some people told me "things will get better". I was cynical and never believed it. But the truth is, things DO GET BETTER.

Anyway, welcome!

Hello, Lizzy!

I'm glad you joined us. Hopefully we can provide a bit of a safe haven for you. Stay strong. :)

hi Lizzy

welcome to Apies Central

you will get a lot support here from the members, as well as the opportunity to learn more and become a stronger person.

Welcome to the forums Lizzy!

We hope you enjoy your stay at Aspies Central

Refreshments are available on your way in, and oh please... Have a cookie!

Hi Lizzy:

Welcome to AC. I'm sorry to hear that those who are supposed to be loving & protecting you are, instead, abusing you. There are resources listed on this site to help Aspies who are in bad situations. Please feel at home here: we tend to be a really nice lot.

Welcome Lizzy, most of the people here are very supportive and more than willing to be a friend to you. As for the rare negative person, the best thing is just to avoid reading their posts.

Lizzy I am not if it is possible on this forum, you may be able to filter out the negative person, if you find it to tiring.

I have found most of the posts to be positive and if someone is feeling down somone will post an uplifting post soon after.

New Threads

Top Bottom