• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey guys, I'm looking for a bit of guidance here

Ryan Craig

I have ASD1 and my 3 year old son has ASD3. I just found out I have Aspergers recently, so most of my life has been a clouded mess without anything to hang my hat on in terms of an explanation.

Anyways, to the point. Somebody I'm close with made a GoFundMe for us and she doesn't know where to post it or how to gain any momentum, so she's just posting it anywhere/everywhere getting no return.

I really don't know if what I'm looking for help getting in the campaign even makes sense to people who aren't on the spectrum and I feel odd plastering my name around asking for help as a result. I know I can't post it here because of the rules, but where and how can I get it out there?

Any insight whatsoever is greatly appreciated at this point.

The most I know about fundraising is that a lot of people make posts about it on Tumblr and Facebook, and those get a lot of traffic. One of those platforms would be a good place to start.

Essentially its a high end camera and lenses. My sons non-verbal and photos are one of the few ways I've been able to connect & communicate with him. I've always loved photography myself and it pulled me through in the harder days. I feel like I could get closer to him and pull more out of life if I had better equipment.

will I get blocked if I post the link? I don't know how else to explain. Could just do the bio. idk.

I'm in a similar situation with ASD 1 and my 5 year old having ASD 3. It's so challenging and sometimes saddening because we can't really bond like NT fathers and sons. I also am into photography.
I have no clue about go fund me though, but maybe FB or something?

I'm in a similar situation with ASD 1 and my 5 year old having ASD 3. It's so challenging and sometimes saddening because we can't really bond like NT fathers and sons. I also am into photography.
I have no clue about go fund me though, but maybe FB or something?

Regardless, It's a sigh of relief to know somebody else can actually relate to me in more than just a barebones "we all have feelings" kinda way. I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond.

We are all over facebook with it, or at least trying to be. It's like an uphill battle against myself but at the same rate if i'm out there this blatantly, I don't have to hide anymore.

Essentially its a high end camera and lenses. My sons non-verbal and photos are one of the few ways I've been able to connect & communicate with him. I've always loved photography myself and it pulled me through in the harder days. I feel like I could get closer to him and pull more out of life if I had better equipment.

will I get blocked if I post the link? I don't know how else to explain. Could just do the bio. idk.
In the UK and I presume probably in the US ,if you are employed in a certain profession ,there is usually a charity to support that !and you could approach the charity ?!and ask for help with your son .
I get help from a charity because my mother was in a certain profession.

New Threads

Top Bottom