• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Here with questions

Any Fake

I'm basically here to ask some questions about my ex-boyfriend, who I highly suspect has Aspergers. I have some traits, but AFAIK I'm neurotypical.

Hi Any Fake :)
welcome.png

You are about the 100th woman with an Aspie (or possible Aspie) Ex boyfriend this year. I see a trend.

What does AFAIK mean?

Welcome to Aspies Central. Ask your questions when you are ready? Thank you for choosing to be a part of this community.

You are about the 100th woman with an Aspie (or possible Aspie) Ex boyfriend this year. I see a trend.

What does AFAIK mean?

That's sad. And yes, "as far as I know". Sorry, I work with people who use acronyms for everything and it's a habit.

That's sad. And yes, "as far as I know". Sorry, I work with people who use acronyms for everything and it's a habit.

Yes, but I am not sure what to be sad about. The main problems with it is that we only ever get one side of the story and so objective analysis is impossible and its always when things have already made a turn for the worse or after the fact. So really we are helpless to help, other then console, which is not exactly a common Aspie strength.

I was mostly sad that Aspies end up as exes.
Actually in these cases nearly all the Aspie's wanted out and the other can't/won't accept it and look for a reason instead withing the autism. In other words they won't accept no means no when Aspies are concerned. This is not the same group as Aspies that have difficulty getting into relationships to begin with.

Oh, really? Ok. My problem is the opposite. I'm the one who left.
I'm not sure why you are here actually. Validation? Maybe you could suggest your ex try joining an aspie site if they want to communicate with other aspies. Doesn't have to be this one. There are others.

New Threads

Top Bottom