• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Dan Metevier

Curious Shrink
I appreciate being a part of this forum and hope to learn a lot. I will reveal that I am a psychologist by trade and work with adult individuals who are on the spectrum and their families. More importantly, I also have very dear people in my life who are the spectrum. In both cases, my aim is to understand these people better so I can help and/or love them better, although I experience each of them as totally unique persons. As my level of understanding is incomplete and always will be, I am fearful that I will say something that offends someone else. My intention is always one of empathy and compassion, even though I might stumble along the way inadvertently. If that happens, please forgive me. But also, please tell me about it so I can make corrections and reparations. Thank you!

I just came out of the water just to say hello to you. But this penguin needs to head back into the water as it my home and I have some fishes to catch :)

Hi, Dan. Good to have you join us. I'm sure you'll learn a lot. There are many good people here with interesting stories and ideas to share.

Welcome Dan!
Great to see a psychologist joining to understand us better.
Just ask whatever you want, I'm sure we all are willing to answer and help you to the best we can.
There are some really interesting topics on here, so be sure to check out the older inactive ones too and revive them if you want to

Welcome Dan!
Great to see a psychologist joining to understand us better.
Just ask whatever you want, I'm sure we all are willing to answer and help you to the best we can.
There are some really interesting topics on here, so be sure to check out the older inactive ones too and revive them if you want to
Thank you! I have no doubt that I will great incredibly straight answers to any question I pose. I appreciate it.

Welcome Dan :)

Thank you for taking an interest in our community. You'll find this forum to be an excellent resource for knowledge. Our members are rather friendly, and helpful, so feel free to join in on our discussions. I'm sure many of our members will have many questions for you as well.

Should you be interested, we have a resources section, for members to browse, and to add to: Autism & Asperger's Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Welcome aboard, Dan.

Brilliant to have a helping professional join us for insights. You'll certainly find no lack of those, here. I'm a new member, self-diagnosed for a decade, and have found this group to be exceptionally open, honest, and self-aware. I've never before seen a forum where people connect so harmoniously, and give so generously.

Enjoy. Looking forward to knowing you!

Welcome Dan :)

Thank you for taking an interest in our community. You'll find this forum to be an excellent resource for knowledge. Our members are rather friendly, and helpful, so feel free to join in on our discussions. I'm sure many of our members will have many questions for you as well.

Should you be inetersted, we have a resources section, for members to browse, and to add to: Autism & Asperger's Resources | AspiesCentral.com
Thank you so much! I can already feel the "friendly" and I appreciate knowing about the resources section.

Welcome aboard, Dan.

Brilliant to have a helping professional join us for insights. You'll certainly find no lack of those, here. I'm a new member, self-diagnosed for a decade, and have found this group to be exceptionally open, honest, and self-aware. I've never before seen a forum where people connect so harmoniously, and give so generously.

Enjoy. Looking forward to knowing you!
Thank you! Looking forward to knowing you too. In that spirit, here is a link to my professional website: Welcome to Your Life Journey! - Dan Metevier, PsyD Although, I'm not trying to advertise, just interested in being known. Thanks again.

New Threads

Top Bottom