• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Matthew

Hi,

My name is Matt, and was just diagnosed last year with Aspergers at 31, which is considered late, since most people get the diagnoses in childhood. I joined this forum to get advice for various issues people like us go through.

Hi Matt,

Much like yourself I was diagnosed late (age 29)

Welcome to Aspiescentral.

Hi,

My name is Matt, and was just diagnosed last year with Aspergers at 31, which is considered late, since most people get the diagnoses in childhood. I joined this forum to get advice for various issues people like us go through.

Welcome to AC, Matt. I'm nearly twice your age and only figuring it out now. It's never too late to understand and work it all out.

I think Judge wins the "How old were you when diagnosed?" contest. :p

Welcome, Matt. I'm 24 and was diagnosed a few years ago . . . so I can relate. You're in good company here!

Welcome Matt i'm 48 and was only diagnoised mid last year. You will get alot of help and any advice you want

I think Judge wins the "How old were you when diagnosed?" contest. :p

LOL...nope...luckily there's a few just a tad older than I am. ;)

But with my generation came that void of time where Dr. Asperger's research wasn't professionally acknowledged...allowing people like me to slip between the cracks as opposed to you youngsters. I just find it disturbing having thought of going through the rest of my life having never known.

It matters. It is better to know, whatever age you are. :)

Hi,

Hi Matt,

I am a new member as well, although I am a tad older as well at 44 (diagnosed at 41). Like you, I am hoping to find a lot of great advice and interactions here!

I'm 36 and i just found out few weeks ago ... i was uncertain, but the more i read the questions from other people along with the answers, the more I recognize myself. I'm already starting to see a positive change in my life. I'm not beating myself anymore for the difficulties i'm experiencing ... Its mostly good.

Hi Matt, and welcome,
Better late than never. Thats the way I look at it anyway. As Judge says, there are quite a few of us older ones lurkin around, simply because no one had a label for us, in our earlier years.
Cheers
Turk

Hi,

medium_551801.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom