• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello!

Foggy

Hi, my name’s Foggy. I’m 24, nonbinary and I use they/them pronouns. I was diagnosed with autism in March but I have recognized I’ve had it myself since I was 20. I had a struggle pursuing a diagnosis I believe because I’m AFAB and possibly because my mom didn’t notice any of my autistic traits growing up. However I did end up getting a diagnosis. It was a big relief for me. I finally knew what was going on with me and could then learn how to cope. Before I knew I was autistic I didn’t know how to cope with my (then unknown) sensory processing issues, executive dysfunction issues, and odd social habits. Now I’m trying to accept myself for who I am and stop masking because it’s led to burnout so many times. I’m excited to take part in this forum and learn more about myself. Thanks for having me!

Welcome! :)
I'm technically female but I've struggled with my identity a lot, and I definitely feel more nonbinary/genderfluid most of the time. Any pronoun is fine but I think everyone on here is mostly used to referring to me as she/her, which I'm totally fine with :)

Masking can be really frustrating, and there's more pressure on females/female at birth people to mask because of gender stereotypes. I deal with this a lot, and I mask a lot because most people around me don't know that I'm autistic and I'm afraid to disclose it.

It's nice to have you here too, and I hope you get the answers you're looking for and have a good time! :)

Welcome! :)
I'm technically female but I've struggled with my identity a lot, and I definitely feel more nonbinary/genderfluid most of the time. Any pronoun is fine but I think everyone on here is mostly used to referring to me as she/her, which I'm totally fine with :)

Masking can be really frustrating, and there's more pressure on females/female at birth people to mask because of gender stereotypes. I deal with this a lot, and I mask a lot because most people around me don't know that I'm autistic and I'm afraid to disclose it.

It's nice to have you here too, and I hope you get the answers you're looking for and have a good time! :)
Hi there! It’s good to meet another person who struggles with their gender identity. It’s tough. Yes, I agree, it seems AFAB people have more pressure on them to mask more. it’s really exhausting. I’m also afraid to disclose that I’m autistic. I don’t think most people would believe me… it sucks. Thank you for the well wishes!

welcome to af.png

Hi Foggy! It's nice to meet a fellow new member!
I'm also born female with big struggles about my gender identity. I tried for so many years to find a word, a concept that would explain what I feel I am and it was such a relief when I actually found something that fits. I now identify as gendervoid / voidgirl and my pronouns are she/her mostly because it's more convenient that way and I don't mind really. But still, I often wish I was just straight female as I still long for that sense of ease, for that perceived simplicity.
I am also in the process of learning to stop masking and I find it sooo very hard. It's just so ingrained in my brain / habits to fake being 'normal' that I often don't know how to do it. And since nobody except for my also autistic partner knows about my condition I bet it'll all come as a massive surprise to the world when I do so. So I try navigating this learning about my true self while also being gentle in the way I reveal myself so people don't freak out haha
Hope to see you around!

Welcome, @Foggy . Many here have struggled and learned how to live a good life. I did not have gender issues but struggled socially. This was at a time when autism was rarely diagnosed. I was diagnosed at 60. The isolation I felt as a teen and young adult scarred me and I overcame that without knowing my neurology thanks to some personal readjustment and accepting people. For the longest time I did not think I was a real male as I was never as macho as my peers and actually afraid of getting involved with relationships and sex because those were other avenues of rejection even as I yearned for such.

Hi there! I'm another one having a lot of gender issues.

I actually made a big topic about it recently, and was met with nothing but supportive and helpful replies.

So, this is a place where you dont have to worry about being belittled for any of that.

There was something else I was gonna say, but I cant remember what it was.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay here!

Hi and welcome. Yes I identify as nonbinary, and I also don't really feel either gender is relevant for me, so much of it is convention and personal choice disguised as realities. I am me. But it's not easy to make gender irrelevant as it's pervasive with its demands and expectations in life. It's good that you are here, I hope that you enjoy it and will join in and give your views and ideas.

Welcome Foggy!
As many have stated as of yet, it’s a rather amazing community to be had, aside from being accepting, tolerant, certainly friendly and being a diverse community of experience.. wait.. there is no aside from it seems.

Just don’t muddle the waters in silence, overcast and gloom is acceptable but I hope to be befuddled, bewildered and mesmorized, as I love the name and before welcoming, have always been enveloped in..

Welcome!
Glad you found us. It's a great community to be with.

There are many who have had or are going through gender issues.

It was a struggle for me growing up as I knew I leaned more towards
feeling male and so dreaded the knowledge of what my body changes
would be as a woman and what people would expect me to be.

I've lived my life wishing I had been born with a male body.
Asexual and non-binary. I was late diagnosed with ASD.
Hope you find being here as helpful as I have. :)

Welcome and thank you for choosing to join us! As others have noted, we have a pretty diverse crowd here, so pretty much whatever topic you have on your mind, there's probably someone who can chime in on it. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom