• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello.

Hi Wolfy, I know exactly what you mean... but trying is a kind of doing, so you are a writer! Someone once told me that thinking about writing counts as writing, so now I say that I'm a prolific author with no output, haha. That's not entirely true because I am 80% through a novel at the moment, but progress is extremely slow.
And thanks - my avatar is an early version of a character I came up with for a game idea.

True enough. Also working on manuscript. Hand written.
If you have a color version of your avatar or make one please show it if it's alright. Like friendly characters like that.
I also attempted to make a game too.

Hey, I actually haven't played FFVII yet, though I've been meaning to for years... I like the idea of MMORPGs, especially as a way of meeting people, but I've never found one I could get into, the grinding and subscription model is really off-putting.
I'm currently replaying Deltarune Chapter 2 (and taking notes, I'm a bit obsessed with analysing the lore in Toby Fox's games and coming up with theories) and then I might get around to playing The Forgotten City. I also recently finished Omori, which is a fantastic cutesy/psychological horror RPG that you should definitely NOT play unless you're in a good state of mind. It's quite disturbing.

What kind of anime are you into?

FFVII was great since there was nothing like that at the time. Now It would be probably not that impressive. There are MMORPGs that are not suscription non grinding. I played Guild Wars II some years ago, and there are some quite good that are free to play too. Shadowbane was very PVP oriented, free, and very fun. Today I cant recomend you one, since I currently dont play them.

I like Demon Slayer, and loved some others like Evangelion, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Beebop and almost all Miyazaki ones. My favourite anime of all is Mononoke Princess.

How about you?

True enough. Also working on manuscript. Hand written.
If you have a color version of your avatar or make one please show it if it's alright. Like friendly characters like that.
I also attempted to make a game too.

I'm afraid that was just an old pen drawing, I don't often do coloured drawings. I did find a more recent drawing of the same character though: (apparently he started going to the gym since I first drew him??)

Ooh, what was your game about?

FFVII was great since there was nothing like that at the time. Now It would be probably not that impressive. There are MMORPGs that are not suscription non grinding. I played Guild Wars II some years ago, and there are some quite good that are free to play too. Shadowbane was very PVP oriented, free, and very fun. Today I cant recomend you one, since I currently dont play them.

I like Demon Slayer, and loved some others like Evangelion, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Beebop and almost all Miyazaki ones. My favourite anime of all is Mononoke Princess.

How about you?

I think I would still appreciate FFVII, I love the music from the FF series so I know I'll enjoy that. I also want to try the remake but I want to know what the original was like first. I hope they remake VI one day in the same extent, it would be so amazing to see the concept art for that game come to life in a way it couldn't on the SNES.

I loved Eva, still haven't seen the final remake movie though. I adore Miyazaki's films, and Takahata's - The Tale of Princess Kaguya is one of the most moving films I've ever seen. He also did an anime adaptation of Anne of Green Gables back in 1980 I think which is wonderful and probably the most faithful adaptation of that novel.
My favourite TV anime is probably Revolutionary Girl Utena, I love how relentlessly weird it is. I also loved Serial Experiments Lain, and I'm kind of a Digimon nerd, Digimon Tamers is like my comfort-show.

I'm afraid that was just an old pen drawing, I don't often do coloured drawings. I did find a more recent drawing of the same character though: (apparently he started going to the gym since I first drew him??)

I'll pm you about the game.

As for your character there is story there. Maybe instead of a game for him perhaps a book?

Thanks Darkkin, I'd love to read some of your work! I never got the hang of writing verse but I enjoy the exercise, I'm definitely no poet though! What are some of your favourite movie soundtracks?

Most anything James Newton Howard (Airbender (which ATLA fans do not speak of, was a terrible movie, but had an amazing score, Lady in the Water,as well), LOTR (Fellowship and Two Towers) Howard Shore, (Fellowship score should have won the Oscar, not Return of the King), Hans Zimmer (Chevaleir de Sangreal and 503, Lion King), Disney soundtracks (Beauty and the Beast in particular (both adaptations). Most of James Horner (Land Before Time themes), and some John Williams (although he has a tendency to run too brassy.)

- D.

Most anything James Newton Howard (Airbender (which ATLA fans do not speak of, was a terrible movie, but had an amazing score, Lady in the Water,as well), LOTR (Fellowship and Two Towers) Howard Shore, (Fellowship score should have won the Oscar, not Return of the King), Hans Zimmer (Chevaleir de Sangreal and 503, Lion King), Disney soundtracks (Beauty and the Beast in particular (both adaptations). Most of James Horner (Land Before Time themes), and some John Williams (although he has a tendency to run too brassy.)

- D.

Ooh, I've never seen the live action Airbender movie, if the music is good I might have to... or just find the OST on YouTube :p
Love Howard Shore and Hans Zimmer - that one track in The Lion King that plays I think when it starts raining over the savannah always makes me tear up. That flute melody!
I ADORE James Horner, and The Land Before Time is one of my favourite movies mostly because of his music. I once arranged a medley of themes from it for piano. It's the soundtrack of my childhood, outside of Nintendo soundtracks.
A lesser known soundtrack I love is the 1979 animated The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by Michael J Lewis. It's on YouTube - the opening theme and the sequence of the resurrection of Aslan are great, as well as the theme for the stag hunt at the end.

Welcome! What do you like about Excel in particular? I love how the tools, like pivottables, can bring stories to life out of a bunch of seemingly random data.

Welcome! What do you like about Excel in particular? I love how the tools, like pivottables, can bring stories to life out of a bunch of seemingly random data.

Hi Victor, I didn't use Excel much until I needed to for work as a database manager, and I love manipulating data, it feeds the part of my brain that likes cataloguing and organising things. Now at home I use it to record data about myself: I use it to track what exercise I do every day, with targets to reach for each kind (push ups, squats, jogging, etc); I have a list of every video game I've played with a rating system for each element (gameplay, graphics, music, narrative); and I also have a catalogue of all the plants in my garden with info like how much sun they need, when to sow, how high they grow etc. I love it because it means I don't have to remember all this stuff and for things like exercising it gamifies the process and makes it more fun.

New Threads

Top Bottom