• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello!

Kelsey4vril

Hi there, I’m Kelsey. :) I was diagnosed with ASD and ADHD as well as generalized anxiety when I was 12... I’m forever grateful to my mother, who fought hard to get me diagnosed because she knew I needed extra support that I wasn’t getting without one. I’m 30 years old, now. I’ve struggled with anxiety and depression to varying degrees throughout my life, but I’m in a very good place right now and I’m so grateful to my family and friends for their support. After high school I earned my Early Childhood Education diploma and worked in daycares for several years, but I had a bad experience with bullying at one workplace and even in my other job where I had better relationships, I was exhausted every minute and completely burned out. I loved building relationships with the kids, though, and designing experiences and environments that could help them succeed and feel supported and loved.

I’ve always been fascinated with communication and what makes humans tick - why we do the things we do, how we can communicate better, how we cause each other and ourselves suffering, and how we can support ourselves and others. I’ve been on disability for a couple years and for a long time I felt so stuck and unable to pursue any of my goals. I didn’t know how to move forward, what to do for a different career or how to get started, and other executive functioning and emotional road blocks... but I now have a plan that I know I can carry out and that I feel passionate about, so I’m finally making some changes that have me fired up again! I’m starting a youtube channel that I’ll be posting the first video on in the next week or so, so I’ll share more with whoever’s interested in it then. But right now that’s not important! I just wanted to say that I look forward to getting to know you all. It seems like a great community so far!

I'm definitely interested in your youtube channel. :eek: Any practical advice or ideas on how to get unstuck is priceless!
Welcome to the forum :)

Hi Kelsey :)

welcome to af.png

Hi Kelsey and welcome to the community :)

Make sure you post a link when you put your video up. I always do when I post something new and this community has been great for offering useful, constructive comments :)

Thanks for joining, l feel you have much insight to share with us here, (running and hiding in the corner, hands over ears). l hate being bullied, but l stand up to it now, that has really freed me, l also can catch shades of it being run on other people now. May you find happiness today, and every other day.

Hi Kelsey and welcome to the community :)

Make sure you post a link when you put your video up. I always do when I post something new and this community has been great for offering useful, constructive comments :)

Thank you, Autistamatic! I’ll do that, and I really love what I’ve watched so far of your channel! I’ll be subscribing with my official channel for sure. :) Thank you for creating so much great content! I look forward to getting to know you better through your videos and this forum.

Thanks for joining, l feel you have much insight to share with us here, (running and hiding in the corner, hands over ears). l hate being bullied, but l stand up to it now, that has really freed me, l also can catch shades of it being run on other people now. May you find happiness today, and every other day.

Thank you for these lovely well wishes, Aspychata! I hope that through getting to know people here I can build some strong friendships, and if I can help or bring some comfort to kindred spirits that’s an opportunity I’m very grateful for. Your strength in standing up for yourself and gaining confidence is inspiring, and I hope you continue to find more and more joy in the freedom that strength affords you! I look forward to getting to know you.

New Threads

Top Bottom