• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello out there

Nouveau33

Hello, everyone! I am Sarah and I am from California. I am newly diagnosed with Asperger's. I have always felt very different. My earliest memories of feeling this way were probably between two and three years old. I have a very heightened sensitivity of sensory perception. I love music and play music, as well. I am interested in (obsessed?) with metaphysical topics and energy. I enjoy research and reading, art (mostly oil painting and drawing), and colors. These are only a few of my interests, but they are the ones I am most passionate about. After I was diagnosed (which was recently), followed by learning about this syndrome, the first thing I felt was something along the lines of feeling stunned or shocked in a dreamlike way. It is difficult to explain, but it all felt like it made sense. It almost felt violating, if that makes any sense to anyone. By "violating," I mean it felt like a complete stranger had peaked inside of my world and knew such personal characteristics about me. Things that made me feel raw and vulnerable. But I no longer felt like an outsider. I no longer felt like I had something 'wrong' with me. The lights came on in my mind and I processed it, which made the pieces come together. Then there was relief. I was/am just different. As much as I had wished to be 'normal,' I realized that I didn't even find interest in the 'normal' kids...why had I always wanted that? But mimicry came in handy when forced to tolerate groups and socializing. I am a pretty good actor, if I say so myself ;). Anyway, things make a lot more sense and my whole point is: I'm glad to have found you guys and it's nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you too, nouveau! Pull up a chair and help yourself to the pipe stand. :cool:

Hi Sarah! Welcome to Aspies Central. I'm also very glad you found this wonderful forum - welcome to what I like to call our close-knit family. Feel free to post any questions, concerns, or insights you would like to share here.

New Threads

Top Bottom