• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, my Name is Nacho I'm from Spain (18 y old)

Nacho

Hello guys.

First of all, my name is Nacho, I'm a 18 year old male and was born in Spain. I found this forum yesterday night researching for some books about Asperger. I'm a self-diagnosed Asperger -or at least that has been my conclusion, I will explain later about it-.

A month ago, I went on a trip to a beach here in Spain, in a crowded bus, a public bus, with a bunch of random people with me. I felt nervous since the very start, not to mention that I had a fat lady sitting besides me, which made the trip more uncomfortable, she was putting her leg over me when she fell asleep etc. Then they put a very violent film and too loud for me. Everything was bad. It got to a point where I had to get the courage to go to the front seat and ask the driver to stop nervously. He told me he would stop soon and I was the only one who got out of the bus. I went to a bathroom fast and puked: I realized something was wrong, since this had never happened.

After this incident, I started thinking about my past, all the other traumatizing things that had happened; and in fact, a lot have. I've been bullied several times in my school, I was considered one of the brilliant students of the class. Teachers laughed in front of all my classmates -as unbelievable as this is, it's true- because I loved computer games since I was a kid. I remember what my biology teacher told me in 10th grade, "hey Nacho, so tell me -in front of the class- how many hours do you play video games every day? HAHAHAHA" I could not be more embarrased at that moment. The worst part is that the teacher found out about it because my mom and her made a CONFIDENTIAL appointment to talk about me and my problems.

Anyways, couple weeks ago, on another trip solely with my mother in our only family's car, we were going to visit my granny, who is staying 500km away from us. 40 minutes into the road I started panicking, breathing fastly and asked to pull over. This was the first time she found out about my condition, I never told her anything that had happened to me of this sort. I explained her how I felt, that a lot things made me nervous, etc -I will explain below-.

I've been researching about the spectrum a lot recently, and just yesterday night I found about the forum. Before going to sleep, I started reading the forums. I started crying when I read people's thoughts and realizing that they were very similar to mine. This is why I decided to come and present myself to the forums.

Basically a lot of things make me uncomfortable. When I see an injured animal or pet, I cry to sleep all night. Once, I found a stray cat dead in the middle of the street with a friend. I personally have a cat which I love more than I would ever love 95% of the people I know -except my parents and grandma- and when I found that cat I had nigthmares and couldn't stop crying for three days. Never told anyone though. I am kind of detached to people, I care about very few people, I have one true friend and my parents and my grandmother; I have another grandmother but I can't seem to love her. I often thought this was called psychopathy, but this was discarded because I actually love the previously explained people.

There is too much that I feel like writing here, but I think this is a long-enough presentation. I will write more in other posts.

Thank you for reading, this has been hard to write, I feel kind of vulnerable now.

Nacho

You will find people here talking about many of the topics you have
presented. [crying/loving animals/reaction to death/feelings about relatives...etc]

People on buses---I used to travel on buses 1000+ miles to visit my
mother. Buses are a real trip in every sense of the word.

First posts aren't easy, I think. Yours is good.
:evergreen:

You will find people here talking about many of the topics you have
presented. [crying/loving animals/reaction to death/feelings about relatives...etc]

People on buses---I used to travel on buses 1000+ miles to visit my
mother. Buses are a real trip in every sense of the word.

First posts aren't easy, I think. Yours is good.
:evergreen:
Hello thank you for my first response :) yesterday night I read your thread "crying". It is a honor to meet you.

Hi & Welcome,

Yep, its very hard to see hurt/dead animals.

So what do you do?

Go the extra mile, and then another to help or save one. Then you may sleep a little better, knowing you have done the best that you can do. If its a pet give it an extra hug, if its a dead one on the side of the road, give it a burial. There is always something you can do.

Hi & Welcome,

Yep, its very hard to see hurt/dead animals.

So what do you do?

Go the extra mile, and then another to help or save one. Then you may sleep a little better, knowing you have done the best that you can do. If its a pet give it an extra hug, if its a dead one on the side of the road, give it a burial. There is always something you can do.
Thank you for your help Tom.

Hi Nacho, welcome to the forum :) I've had one or two nasty experiences on buses, too - nausea, fainting, panicking because it's crowded and I can't get off at my stop - I hate buses.

Hi Nacho, welcome to the forum :) I've had one or two nasty experiences on buses, too - nausea, fainting, panicking because it's crowded and I can't get off at my stop - I hate buses.
Thank you for your welcoming answer and your response :)

Hey Nacho :) I like your name by the way :) Yeah I´ve been trough bullying , crying with animals and fictional charecters , the fealing of deataching from people. And also feeling empty. Having imaginarie friends , knowing that I was diferent and no one realy understood me , social interactions tired me like... a lot . and I finded hapinnes on a special interest , games was one of them :) and also this song expresses a lot of how I feel with people not understanding my views
, if I wasent so tiring I would explain to you my emotional conections but right now I cant ...one day if its God´s will :)

Your experience on buses sounds very similar to mine. If someone sits by me, or if there's a large crowd on the bus, I'll start feeling extremely agitated. It's not fun.

Your experience on buses sounds very similar to mine. If someone sits by me, or if there's a large crowd on the bus, I'll start feeling extremely agitated. It's not fun.

Hey Nacho :) I like your name by the way :) Yeah I´ve been trough bullying , crying with animals and fictional charecters , the fealing of deataching from people. And also feeling empty. Having imaginarie friends , knowing that I was diferent and no one realy understood me , social interactions tired me like... a lot . and I finded hapinnes on a special interest , games was one of them :) and also this song expresses a lot of how I feel with people not understanding my views
, if I wasent so tiring I would explain to you my emotional conections but right now I cant ...one day if its God´s will :)

Thank you for your response Daniela. I hope you can tell me more about your emotional connections would people. Looking forward to it.

Thank you for your response AceCadet. It truly is not fun

Welcome aboard! :)
Nice to have you join the community. Best wishes.
image.jpg

Hi, Nacho! If you don't mind my asking, what part of Spain were you born in? I have fond memories of Castile-LaMancha, but that was a trip long ago.

View media item 3949
View media item 3505

I am from the capital, even though my mother's family were raised in Castilla la Mancha, more concretely, in Toledo. Honestly, you would love Toledo. I strongly encourage you to have a look at the old part of the city and the castle, at least online :)

hi Nacho! welcome to AC! i'm sure you'll find a lot of friendly support and conversation here as you continue to learn about ASD.

i saw your reply to my post on another thread, the one about stuffed animals; i appreciate your compliments about my little stuffed moose. he has gotten me through some hard times, for sure. if you can't locate your stuffed bunny, and would like to adopt my moose instead, just let me know. :) you can send me a private message (a PM), and perhaps i could send him to you.

hi Nacho! welcome to AC! i'm sure you'll find a lot of friendly support and conversation here as you continue to learn about ASD.

i saw your reply to my post on another thread, the one about stuffed animals; i appreciate your compliments about my little stuffed moose. he has gotten me through some hard times, for sure. if you can't locate your stuffed bunny, and would like to adopt my moose instead, just let me know. :) you can send me a private message (a PM), and perhaps i could send him to you.
Wow NTgirl4276, your response has been very warm and it has made me feel good and comfortable for one hour straight. Thank you.
About your moose, I would love to have it, but really, it is too much to ask. I do not like to abuse people's trust; plus, I'm european, it would be too costy, and it really is abusive -that is how I feel- of me asking that. Thank you a lot anyways and thanks for your welcoming answer :)

Wow NTgirl4276, your response has been very warm and it has made me feel good and comfortable for one hour straight. Thank you.
About your moose, I would love to have it, but really, it is too much to ask. I do not like to abuse people's trust; plus, I'm european, it would be too costy, and it really is abusive -that is how I feel- of me asking that. Thank you a lot anyways and thanks for your welcoming answer :)

I am very glad to know that you have been filled with warmth today!

i understand your response and hesitation completely. i often feel uncomfortable when i ask favors of my friends, or when they willingly offer to help me or do anything at all for me. but, the offer still stands, if you ever change your mind. truly. :)

Hey guys! I updated a profile picture of my own. It feels kind of weird, because now everybody that surfs the internet can know about my condition. Anyways, I wanted to do this for the community, so you can see who I am and maybe understand me a little better.
Bye!

I am very glad to know that you have been filled with warmth today!

i understand your response and hesitation completely. i often feel uncomfortable when i ask favors of my friends, or when they willingly offer to help me or do anything at all for me. but, the offer still stands, if you ever change your mind. truly. :)

I will truly think about it. I will write you in a couple of days if I don't feel anymore guilty :)

New Threads

Top Bottom