• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, I'm new

Vortex

Hello all,

Not sure what to say, but here I am.

I'm an adult and have been putting more effort into taking care of myself and learning to accommodate my sensory issues (instead of just pretending I don't have them until I freak out and hide in a closet for days, haha). Lately the challenge has been trying to communicate these needs to others, but it's hard because I also don't like to talk much. (Kind of wish I could just type stuff all the time and people would magically see the words projected in the space in front of us or something, I dunno.)

I came to this forum to see if I can lurk around and find novel solutions that might help me adapt better to the world. I figure it's been over a decade of adulthood already and I haven't adapted super well when it comes to certain things, so I'm trying to be more open to help.

Thanks for listening.

welcome to af.png

HI and as has been said already - feel free to lurk a while.

When you are good and ready you might post. However in the meantime feel free to read some of the older posts - lots of good info and experience there.

New Threads

Top Bottom