• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello I'm Aj and I'm 22

aj

Aj
Hello everyone, thank you for giving me your time to who ever is reading. I would like to talk about the possition I'm in. In December 2013 I met someone online who has AS which I was not aware of at the time. Every time I seen her on this site I found it hard to talk to her at first. I then planned what to say the next time I seen her and managed to say hello and how are you. It took a little time to properly talk to her I was anxious and worried what I said might offend her. Later down the line we became good friends and then she told me she had AS. She was in a situation which she got scared on a bus stop so I researched AS. I then became very anxious because my life I always felt different and even asked my perents if I had anything wrong with me at ages from 9-16. At 16 I new I had something wrong with me because my uncle was concerned and people always said you are not all their. I always new it but tried fighting and telling myself I'm normal and I always will be. I also believe that people know and will not tell me so I had to research it once I had a clue. Then I forgot about my friend who was scared by accident and started reading more and more. I was trying to find something that told me I wasn't AS and convince me I was wrong, but I couldn't find anything. I now have a folder which is struggling to hold all the information I copied from the websites. It also holds stuff I kept since I was a kid. I have my own language which I created even my own writing which looked almost Chinese but I made them up. I created that at age 14, I was also much into my art work and all my life it was computers, consoles. All my proof and memories I have was far from what every normal person was like. My behaviour at schools was very bad ect. I hate people touching me, looking at me, touching my food or drink, I hate most people due to being bullied and I don't trust anyone. There's so much about me even though I thought I was easily understood. I did also have concealing at age 17 and anger management in my secondary school. I always had learning support through school since I was in infants section. I always had help with my school work and was in classes that wasn't so crowded. I even use to miss behave or not turn up to my lessons so I could be alone. There's more but any information you want to know please ask me and I will get back to you.

I'm sorry about keeping on but I just feel scared because my assessment and diagnose has been a long wait. I have been waiting since January 8th 2014. I'm anxious to go and find out and just need the support. I told my family but they leave me alone which I do like but at the same time I just want them to help a little. I normally type all this and then delete it because I get worried about the replies so please feel free to give an opinion but if you are unhappy about what I put I didn't mean to offend. I thank you for your time and look forward to seeing your replies.

Aj ;)

Last edited:
Welcome AJ :)

You don't have to worry about our replies here; we're all in a similar situation here, and so our members are quite supportive of each other.

If you're desperate for information, this place is an excellent place to find it. I recommend browsing the different topics, adding to the discussions, and asking questions.

I also recommend browsing our recommended readings lists. Dr. Tony Attwood's written work is a good place to start: Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Hope that helps

Welcome AJ :)

You don't have to worry about our replies here; we're all in a similar situation here, and so our members are quite supportive of each other.

If you're desperate for information, this place is an excellent place to find it. I recommend browsing the different topics, adding to the discussions, and asking questions.

I also recommend browsing our recommended readings lists. Dr. Tony Attwood's written work is a good place to start: Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Hope that helps

Thank you so much for all the welcomes and thank you for the links, the more info the better :D i hope you all have a great day :)

AJ, I feel the same way. I recently joined this site too. But your story is very similar to mine. However I am not sure yet, and I was never in special learning classes. It sure does explain alot.

A retro hello to AJ. What's a crackalackin?

Lol rocco "crackalackin" <-- thats funny :) not much is crackalackin lol just the same old same old each day :) and many things on my mind but im good thank you :) how are you?

I should say first that it all could be worse, but to borrow a phrase, I have seen better dayso_O:D

AJ, I feel the same way. I recently joined this site too. But your story is very similar to mine. However I am not sure yet, and I was never in special learning classes. It sure does explain alot.

Hello acstar, sorry it took a while to reply. If you feel mine and your life are similar may i ask about yours? I think we can help each other out. I have been diagnosed with AS as well and it is difficult once you find out. I do feel relieved about knowing but around people its more difficult for me anyways.

New Threads

Top Bottom