• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello! I'm a new member and would like to share my experiences with you all!

Hello everyone! I'm diagnosed with Social Communication Disorder by the DSM-5. I have similar symptoms and tics to someone who has ASD or Aspergers.
I'm told by my doctor that I can seek guidance in forums such as this one and would very much like to do so.
I've just been diagnosed recently and I'm now getting used to my new self. I've left my past behind and forgave myself for not being 'normal'. I've had difficulties with self-acceptance during my former years.
I would like to share with my experiences with you all and ask for your opinions in this site.

welcome to af.png

Ive not heard of social communication disorder before. We welcome all who come here basically, please be kind. What sort of experiences would you like to share? How familiar are you with the forums? If you have any questions, about how to do things, just ask.

Great you wish to share. It's terrific you are here. This is open 24/7 and the peeps here are very supportive. Admin is helpful and will assist should you need it.

Shout out to Nitro and Tree.

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.

:turtle::palmtree::herb::cactus::fourleaf::bug::seedling:

Hello everyone! I'm diagnosed with Social Communication Disorder by the DSM-5. I have similar symptoms and tics to someone who has ASD or Aspergers.
I'm told by my doctor that I can seek guidance in forums such as this one and would very much like to do so.
I've just been diagnosed recently and I'm now getting used to my new self. I've left my past behind and forgave myself for not being 'normal'. I've had difficulties with self-acceptance during my former years.
I would like to share with my experiences with you all and ask for your opinions in this site.

Hello!

Welcome.

Sharing experiences here has helped me a lot. For one, it shows I am not alone, and responses have helped me deal with the negative thoughts from a time in my life that was very isolating. Some of us also have had to find our own way forward at times when ASD was rarely diagnosed unless severe and have shared our experiences. Me? Fundamentally, I am blind to emotional content in communication which has led to a lot of problems with relationships, because I need to parse communication styles.

Hi, and Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom