• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, hello! Who wants to chat?

Hello Rotundi
Welcome if you are new. Did you create that avatar?
I love to draw, love true crime stories, read history books. And my last movie was about the housing market that crashed and burned sometime back.

Feel free to showcase your artwork!

Last edited:
I have always had an affinity for art. Music is my favorite followed by paintings. It always amazes me how talented people are able to create such breathtaking works. Whether it be landscapes or soundscapes I am always drawn to them. I like too many bands to name one favorite. However I think that Pink Floyd probably tops my list. As for painting I like Roger Dean the best.

I like to read as well. My reading rate is poor but I persist with it anyways. To me its not about finishing a book quickly and moving on, its about the journey that the author takes you on. I like to read about science in any form but I also like a good novel. I really enjoyed reading Dune and The Lord of the Rings. Currently I am working on some self help books as part of my AS therapy. Not exciting reading but still informative and useful.

What do you like?

Hello Rotundi
Welcome if you are new. Did you create that avatar?
I love to draw, love true crime stories, read history books. And my last movie was about the housing market that crashed and burn sometime back.

Feel free to showcase your artwork!
I didn't make my avatar, I dont know how to make digital art yet, but I would love to learn that. And I love crime and murder mysteries too, the last movie I saw was a horror called the Chernobyl Diaries, but I didn't like it that much.

I have always had an affinity for art. Music is my favorite followed by paintings. It always amazes me how talented people are able to create such breathtaking works. Whether it be landscapes or soundscapes I am always drawn to them. I like too many bands to name one favorite. However I think that Pink Floyd probably tops my list. As for painting I like Roger Dean the best.

I like to read as well. My reading rate is poor but I persist with it anyways. To me its not about finishing a book quickly and moving on, its about the journey that the author takes you on. I like to read about science in any form but I also like a good novel. I really enjoyed reading Dune and The Lord of the Rings. Currently I am working on some self help books as part of my AS therapy. Not exciting reading but still informative and useful.

What do you like?
I like to read educational, fantasy, comedy, and horror books. Currently I'm reading a book about the human brain by national geographic

You have great varied tastes. Digital art does sound fun. Maybe YouTube has some stuff on that. I think l took some Adobe art software, but you apply layers, and that was confusing. But we did a web page as a final using HTML which isn't that hard. Web pages aren't that difficult. You might enjoy that.

I like to read educational, fantasy, comedy, and horror books. Currently I'm reading a book about the human brain by national geographic

I enjoy educational reading too. In particular I like science books that help me to better understand the world around me. The book you are reading about the human brain sounds interesting. I studied the brain in college and thought it was fascinating. There is so much going on inside there that it just boggles my mind. What impresses me the most I think is that human brain is clever enough to devise ways of querying mother nature and getting her to give up her secrets. That is impressive if you stop and think about it.

Have you ever been to the Good Reads web site? It allows you to keep track of the books that you have read and your comments as well. If not I think that you would like it a lot.

Hello there.

To answer the question, my own hobbies are: video gaming, board gaming (solo, actually), books, drones, twisty puzzles, and cosplay, which is the most important one to me yet the one I get to do the least often.

As far as book genres I tend to drift towards horror. And for some reason crime/legal drama (Patterson or Grisham, for example). My uncle got me into that genre by simply handing me a bunch of his old books. I also read alot of manga, though I tend towards niche series rather than the big popular ones.

I enjoy educational reading too. In particular I like science books that help me to better understand the world around me. The book you are reading about the human brain sounds interesting. I studied the brain in college and thought it was fascinating. There is so much going on inside there that it just boggles my mind. What impresses me the most I think is that human brain is clever enough to devise ways of querying mother nature and getting her to give up her secrets. That is impressive if you stop and think about it.

Have you ever been to the Good Reads web site? It allows you to keep track of the books that you have read and your comments as well. If not I think that you would like it a lot.
I haven't heard of that website till now, I might check it out. I study the animals in nature and it actually helps me understand people

Hello there.

To answer the question, my own hobbies are: video gaming, board gaming (solo, actually), books, drones, twisty puzzles, and cosplay, which is the most important one to me yet the one I get to do the least often.

As far as book genres I tend to drift towards horror. And for some reason crime/legal drama (Patterson or Grisham, for example). My uncle got me into that genre by simply handing me a bunch of his old books. I also read alot of manga, though I tend towards niche series rather than the big popular ones.
That sounds cool, what do you mean by twisty puzzles? I like horror too, in games, books, and movies. Have you heard of the book that inspired Coraline? I can't find it in any stores, I'll have to order it online.

You have great varied tastes. Digital art does sound fun. Maybe YouTube has some stuff on that. I think l took some Adobe art software, but you apply layers, and that was confusing. But we did a web page as a final using HTML which isn't that hard. Web pages aren't that difficult. You might enjoy that.
Is that adobe software expensive? I've heard about it, but haven't tried it. I want to though because I would love to make webcomics

Photoshop was the name of it. You can buy it cheaper if you have student ID usually. Or maybe there is a similar knockoff that's a tab cheaper. There is a lot of software out there, just google reviews , usually that gets you started.

I haven't heard of that website till now, I might check it out. I study the animals in nature and it actually helps me understand people

Observing mammals in nature is a valid way to gain insight into humans. We are after all mammals ourselves. If you think about it, what we sometimes label "human" behaviors are actually mammalian behaviors. Cats and dogs are mammals and they are intelligent, loving and capable of solving some types of problems. In fact there are more than a few things that we humans can learn from animals.

10 Life Lessons We Can Learn From Dogs

15 Things Cats Teach Us About Life

Observing mammals in nature is a valid way to gain insight into humans. We are after all mammals ourselves. If you think about it, what we sometimes label "human" behaviors are actually mammalian behaviors. Cats and dogs are mammals and they are intelligent, loving and capable of solving some types of problems. In fact there are more than a few things that we humans can learn from animals.

10 Life Lessons We Can Learn From Dogs

15 Things Cats Teach Us About Life
It's true, that's why we're so fascinated by animals acting like humans. If we didn't have this common ground with animals we wouldn't have learned how to domesticate them and they wouldn't be such an important part of human culture.

Photoshop was the name of it. You can buy it cheaper if you have student ID usually. Or maybe there is a similar knockoff that's a tab cheaper. There is a lot of software out there, just google reviews , usually that gets you started.
Thanks, I can't wait to get started learning to make webcomics

I am sure they have comic software. That market is pretty far along. Comic Draw, Manga Maker, Clip Studio came up as 3 software programs.

That sounds cool, what do you mean by twisty puzzles? I like horror too, in games, books, and movies. Have you heard of the book that inspired Coraline? I can't find it in any stores, I'll have to order it online.

As the twisty puzzles go, it's easier to just show them. I put numerous photos of the things here: Let's ramble about twisty puzzles (part 2)

Basically, waaaayyyyyyy harder and more complex than a classic Rubik's Cube. As it is, the traditional cube presents no challenge anymore. It's quite a funky hobby overall.

I'm not familiar with Coraline though I have heard of it. I see though that it's written by Neil Gaimann, so it surely must be quite good.

As the twisty puzzles go, it's easier to just show them. I put numerous photos of the things here: Let's ramble about twisty puzzles (part 2)

Basically, waaaayyyyyyy harder and more complex than a classic Rubik's Cube. As it is, the traditional cube presents no challenge anymore. It's quite a funky hobby overall.

I'm not familiar with Coraline though I have heard of it. I see though that it's written by Neil Gaimann, so it surely must be quite good.
Those do look a lot more challenging that the rubix cube, what got you into them? And the book of Coraline is supposed to be way scarier than the movie despite being a childrens book.

Is that adobe software expensive? I've heard about it, but haven't tried it. I want to though because I would love to make webcomics

I'd start with GIMP or Paint.net. GIMP is more powerful and more like Photoshop, Paint.net is lighter but does everything I need.

Both of them are free and open-source.

New Threads

Top Bottom