• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, hello! Who wants to chat?

I'd start with GIMP or Paint.net. GIMP is more powerful and more like Photoshop, Paint.net is lighter but does everything I need.

Both of them are free and open-source.
I want to check both out right away and see what work I can get done. It's good that they are free to use

I want to check both out right away and see what work I can get done. It's good that they are free to use

Yeah, I hate paying for software when free options exist. I use Audacity and Paint.net because they're free. I did spend ~$300 on FruityLoops though because I had been using a pirated copy for the past 18 or so years and now that I want to release music commercially I figured I should resolve that concern.

I am sure they have comic software. That market is pretty far along. Comic Draw, Manga Maker, Clip Studio came up as 3 software programs.
Thanks for the advice, I love getting excited about new artistic avenues. It feels great bringing your art to life, from concept to finished product.

Hey great. That's what life is, pursuing passions. Perhaps you can find some free source programs too.

How long have you been taking photos of your cars? Do you capture them in motion?

Maybe a decade or so. I don't do stop-motion with them if that's what you mean, I'd be afraid of damaging them if I was rolling them around, on top of that most of the nice ones don't roll well (or at all). They're the same size as Hot Wheels cars (or smaller) but they're made with more pieces and they're a lot more delicate. They're definitely not made for gravity racing.

I like oil painting from my imagination. Not from looking at something.
My favourite artist is VanGogh.
I also like Dali and live close to the Dali museum St. Petersburg, FL

I also love photography. I photograph a lot of cars also, but, the real thing- vintage and show cars.
Go from one show to another.
Also nature and just about anything else.

I like reading about and watching documentaries on space, nature and medicine/biology.
Learning all I can about the human body and how it works.

As far as movies, I like horror, some good sci-fi and criminal mystery.

Photoshop was the name of it. You can buy it cheaper if you have student ID usually. Or maybe there is a similar knockoff that's a tab cheaper. There is a lot of software out there, just google reviews , usually that gets you started.

If money is an issue a Linux desktop system and Gimp will get you started as well.

Hi i have a thing for crime books, films and tv series, love 'the accountant' film, love Jazz since i was12yrs old, started listening to big band and swing then found my thing in Be Bop and modern jazz, love vocalist and i enjoy singing, love modern art and sculpture, when life feels hard i return to my interests and often feel better am searching for a creative hobby, prehaps Lino printing and using this to create designs on clothing as oh yes one more i love clothes and clothing designers, especially Alexander McQueen, was so sad he took his life.

Hi i have a thing for crime books, films and tv series, love 'the accountant' film, love Jazz since i was12yrs old, started listening to big band and swing then found my thing in Be Bop and modern jazz, love vocalist and i enjoy singing, love modern art and sculpture, when life feels hard i return to my interests and often feel better am searching for a creative hobby, prehaps Lino printing and using this to create designs on clothing as oh yes one more i love clothes and clothing designers, especially Alexander McQueen, was so sad he took his life.

I have always wanted explore Jazz. I had a taste of it growing up with bands like Blood, Sweat and Tears or Steely Dan. My brother turned me on to a Jazz Fusion band called Shadowfax that I love. Any suggestions for where to start looking for some lively Jazz, perhaps with a hint of rock 'n' roll in it?

Hello there.

To answer the question, my own hobbies are: video gaming, board gaming (solo, actually), books, drones, twisty puzzles, and cosplay, which is the most important one to me yet the one I get to do the least often.

As far as book genres I tend to drift towards horror. And for some reason crime/legal drama (Patterson or Grisham, for example). My uncle got me into that genre by simply handing me a bunch of his old books. I also read alot of manga, though I tend towards niche series rather than the big popular ones.
I am inerested in how you play board games alone. THat sounds VERY creative and soothing. Can you tell us more? I want to to do it. I can't stand board games with people because I can't sit that long and all the interaction but alone? Tell me more, please :)

To answer the OP- i really like science. I am not good at understanding it, but I like it. I like space, the brain, chemistry, physics, and stuff like that. Again, don't ask me hard questions because I won't know them. But the stuff at the beginning.

Maybe a decade or so. I don't do stop-motion with them if that's what you mean, I'd be afraid of damaging them if I was rolling them around, on top of that most of the nice ones don't roll well (or at all). They're the same size as Hot Wheels cars (or smaller) but they're made with more pieces and they're a lot more delicate. They're definitely not made for gravity racing.
Do you build them yourself or do you order them?

That's a lot of great stuff to be into! That is sad about McQueen, he was pretty well known. I love clothing too, I recently got into sewing so I can make my own things to wear. Have you seen the movie about coco chanel? That movie really inspired me.

I also love photography. I photograph a lot of cars also, but, the real thing- vintage and show cars.

I like reading about and watching documentaries on space, nature and medicine/biology.

What are some things you've painted?

Hi Len a link to lively Jazz ummm i used to go to a local pub on a weekly basis and listen to a variety of instrumental and vocal lead get togethers, funds to a degree have debilitated me from exploring new and present preformers so my stuff is mainly those that have died, ie Charlie Parker, Ella, Billie Holiday, Gregory Porter has amazing tone and a smooth south, Jazz/ rock and roll blend ummmm i"ll think on that.

Hey Rotundi, yes was it 'Co Co before Channel' good for you making clothes, due to corona19 ie. lots more free time i got my sewing machine down with the same intent, however i soon realised i want to have my own streamstress and not do it myself!!!!! lazy me.

Hey Rotundi, yes was it 'Co Co before Channel' good for you making clothes, due to corona19 ie. lots more free time i got my sewing machine down with the same intent, however i soon realised i want to have my own streamstress and not do it myself!!!!! lazy me.
Yep, lot's of free time, but making clothes can be time consuming it does take patience. Especially trying a new pattern. Have you ever made a garment before?

Two cities away from you South.

New Threads

Top Bottom