• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, hello! Who wants to chat?

Yep, lot's of free time, but making clothes can be time consuming it does take patience. Especially trying a new pattern. Have you ever made a garment before?

Taught my daughter to sew, she is better then l am. She sewed for cosplay. Do you like cosplay?

Last edited:
I am inerested in how you play board games alone. THat sounds VERY creative and soothing. Can you tell us more? I want to to do it. I can't stand board games with people because I can't sit that long and all the interaction but alone? Tell me more, please :)

Rather than clog up this topic with a giant response, I simply sent you a message about it. It's kinda long, but I prefer to give detail when asked about stuff. Also I'm just really bad at being concise. But there's photos of the games and an explanation of how/why the hobby works as it does. Suffice it to say, modern boardgames are very different from old ones like Monopoly.

Also yes, they are soothing and creative. And there's an excellent tactile element to it.

Those do look a lot more challenging that the rubix cube, what got you into them? And the book of Coraline is supposed to be way scarier than the movie despite being a childrens book.

What got me into them? Youtube. But I dont know WHY. It just started showing me videos of cubes one day, and I was intrigued. So I went and bought a normal cube from the local Walmart and gave it a try.

Man that looks mind blowing!

It's not quite as crazy as it might look. As I said, the original Rubik's Cube presents no challenge anymore. But that's not because I achieved some mystical level of mental skill or something... it's because I learned how and why the cube works as it does. Once you get the fundamentals down.... suddenly, what looked utterly impossible becomes pretty easy. And then you can go from there.

Dont get me wrong though: Some of those puzzles really ARE super freaking hard . I'm fairly good at these, but there's plenty that are just crazy hard, even for someone experienced in the hobby. There's also those that are extra easy, meant for people new to the whole thing. The excellent thing is though, once you understand the fundamentals of the normal cube, that can be adapted to any puzzle... but you have to figure out how to do so.

There's also one other aspect of the hobby: Speed cubing. The puzzles I focus on are meant to be a challenge, expected to be solved slowly. Speed cubing is the opposite: usually focusing on the normal Rubik's Cube, and it's all about solving it (or other similar low-level puzzles) really, REALLY fast. I think the world record is under 5 seconds? People into speed cubing usually have a collection of about a bazillion seemingly identical cubes, as opposed to my collection of bizarre tangled things. It's a whole other side of the same hobby really.

Do you build them yourself or do you order them?

I order them, they're 1:64 scale diecast so there's rarely much building involved unless you're making a custom; I do that too though, but not with the nice ones. My motor skills aren't adequate to risk putting a $20-50 purchase under the dremel.

I have always wanted explore Jazz. I had a taste of it growing up with bands like Blood, Sweat and Tears or Steely Dan. My brother turned me on to a Jazz Fusion band called Shadowfax that I love. Any suggestions for where to start looking for some lively Jazz, perhaps with a hint of rock 'n' roll in it?

I'm not sure if it would be to your taste, but I'd suggest Calculating Infinity and Under The Running Board, both by an American group called The Dillinger Escape Plan. They combine free jazz and metallic hardcore elements, so expect them to be quite intense and chaotic. They've got more albums with the singer who replaced the early vocalist, but I still prefer the sound of their early work since that's what I grew up with.

Here's Calculating Infinity:

What are some things you've painted?

I've done a few by request for pay, not too many, mostly for myself
Dragons, Oriental scenes, desert paintings, fantasy space and UFOs. King Tut's mask in multi-mediums
was one I was paid to do.

Mydragon.jpg
Emperor's Dragon
adamandeve.jpg
Fantasy
ReissDragon.jpg
Ghost Dragon
Barrydrawing2.jpg
Drawing of Barry Manilow used
on his Facebook fansite banner. Just some samples.

Hey Rotundi at school I made a tip and it wasn’t great, attention to detail and patience are qualities I work on, I have a short attention span and get bored sooo quickly!!

Hi one of my hobbies is drawing and I mostly draw comic book or anime style art,though I don’t draw as much as I like due to procrastination. I also like fantasy books like Lord of The Rings and I also like to collect dolls and also into movies like Star Wars and of course the LOTR trilogy.

Hi one of my hobbies is drawing and I mostly draw comic book or anime style art,though I don’t draw as much as I like due to procrastination. I also like fantasy books like Lord of The Rings and I also like to collect dolls and also into movies like Star Wars and of course the LOTR trilogy.
Those sound like a lot of cool things! What are some things you've drawn? I've seen some of LOTR when I was little it got me into fantasy, if you like LOTR you might like the Eragon series if you haven't read it already.

I've done a few by request for pay, not too many, mostly for myself
Dragons, Oriental scenes, desert paintings, fantasy space and UFOs. King Tut's mask in multi-mediums
was one I was paid to do.

View attachment 62264 Emperor's Dragon
View attachment 62265 Fantasy
View attachment 62266 Ghost Dragon
View attachment 62267 Drawing of Barry Manilow used
on his Facebook fansite banner. Just some samples.
Those are good paintings, I like all of the fine details. I really like the Emperor's Dragon.

What got me into them? Youtube. But I dont know WHY. It just started showing me videos of cubes one day, and I was intrigued. So I went and bought a normal cube from the local Walmart and gave it a try.

It's not quite as crazy as it might look. As I said, the original Rubik's Cube presents no challenge anymore. But that's not because I achieved some mystical level of mental skill or something... it's because I learned how and why the cube works as it does. Once you get the fundamentals down.... suddenly, what looked utterly impossible becomes pretty easy. And then you can go from there.

Dont get me wrong though: Some of those puzzles really ARE super freaking hard . I'm fairly good at these, but there's plenty that are just crazy hard, even for someone experienced in the hobby. There's also those that are extra easy, meant for people new to the whole thing. The excellent thing is though, once you understand the fundamentals of the normal cube, that can be adapted to any puzzle... but you have to figure out how to do so.

There's also one other aspect of the hobby: Speed cubing. The puzzles I focus on are meant to be a challenge, expected to be solved slowly. Speed cubing is the opposite: usually focusing on the normal Rubik's Cube, and it's all about solving it (or other similar low-level puzzles) really, REALLY fast. I think the world record is under 5 seconds? People into speed cubing usually have a collection of about a bazillion seemingly identical cubes, as opposed to my collection of bizarre tangled things. It's a whole other side of the same hobby really.
I get that, youtube got me into photography and fish keeping

Hey Rotundi at school I made a tip and it wasn’t great, attention to detail and patience are qualities I work on, I have a short attention span and get bored sooo quickly!!
Working on those qualities is part of the fun, the best results happen when you take your time

I'm not sure if it would be to your taste, but I'd suggest Calculating Infinity and Under The Running Board, both by an American group called The Dillinger Escape Plan. They combine free jazz and metallic hardcore elements, so expect them to be quite intense and chaotic. They've got more albums with the singer who replaced the early vocalist, but I still prefer the sound of their early work since that's what I grew up with.

Here's Calculating Infinity:

I will have to check them out. Thanks!

I wonder if my bouts of compulsive rhyme-writing would count as graphomania.

Graphomania (from Ancient Greek: γρᾰ́φειν, gráphein, lit. ''to write''; and μᾰνῐ́ᾱ, maníā, lit. ''madness, frenzy''), also known as scribomania, is an obsessive impulse to write.

That word sounds like a negative way to look at yourself. Maybe what you have is a love of written words, a talent for writing your own and a whole lot to say. There is nothing wrong with any of those things. There are lots of people who record their thoughts in many different forms of writing. If your writings are not too personal consider sharing them with others.

Graphomania (from Ancient Greek: γρᾰ́φειν, gráphein, lit. ''to write''; and μᾰνῐ́ᾱ, maníā, lit. ''madness, frenzy''), also known as scribomania, is an obsessive impulse to write.

That word sounds like a negative way to look at yourself. Maybe what you have is a love of written words, a talent for writing your own and a whole lot to say. There is nothing wrong with any of those things. There are lots of people who record their thoughts in many different forms of writing. If your writings are not too personal consider sharing them with others.

I rarely make value judgments when I use 'harsh words' vs. 'soft words', further it's just medical jargon so I assume it doesn't have a built-in value judgment.

I post them on another site, but this site seems to be pathetically strict in terms of content which eliminates my interest in posting them here.

I order them, they're 1:64 scale diecast so there's rarely much building involved unless you're making a custom; I do that too though, but not with the nice ones. My motor skills aren't adequate to risk putting a $20-50 purchase under the dremel.
Does the store you order from sell models of other things too? Like animals or cartoon characters?

New Threads

Top Bottom