• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello Hello Hello!

Imahigo

Hello, I'm Imahigo and I hail from Tennessee. I was diagnosed with AS a month ago. I have struggled with it throughout my life. I was never able to make many friends, I was always picked on and harassed. My mouth even got me into a whole lot of trouble. I never understood what I said was wrong until my parents explained to me why it was wrong. The only people I was friends with were the mentally handicapped, because we could totally relate to each other and they were the only people nice to me. I did well in school, only because I did what the teacher told me to do. However, sometimes I would get terrible grades just because I misunderstood the directions on a homework assignment. In high school I eventually got fed up with being lonely and asked if anybody would be my friend and people would make fun of me. And I didn't understand why. Everyone always wanted me to give out a speech, and usually people would laugh at me, and I would never understand why. I was the laughing stock, even though I could never figure out why.

I finally get to college and make some more new friends, but then those friends end up betraying me, once more making fun of me for things I don't understand why. I had only one true friend who stood up for me. I told him about how lonely I was and he said he felt the same way. However, I soon reached a breaking point. A month ago, these people were making fun of me because I wouldn't cuss, drink, or have sex. I finally screamed and left and hung out in my room, crying. I felt like dying. I just couldn't take it anymore. I told my friend goodbye and he told me to go see a psychiatrist. And I did. That's when I found out that I had Asperger's Syndrome. He explained about my problem and soon everything started to make sense.

So I joined this website, hoping to understand myself better and learn how to fare better in social situations. Also hope to make some new friends. I had several questions and I've noticed you had several answers to my questions. And me, I really love cars. Anything and everything to do with cars. So if you are a huge car connoisseur like me, I'm the one to talk to. So anyway, Hello.

Hi!

I can relate to your story. I was a pariah in school for being straight-laced, too---and for some other reasons, but I won't get into those. Welcome. :)

Welcome :)

Sorry to read about all the trouble people have given you. People here are quite friendly, and helpful, so hopefully you'll settle in nicely here.

This website is a great resource, so you should find many answers. Feel free to take a look around the forums, and share your experiences. I'm sure there's a thread for people with interests in cars; I know Warwick is pretty keen in that department.

If you'd like some reading material, regarding AS, I recommend browsing the recommended resources page: Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Hi, and welcome. I know that many of us share your experiences and understand how horrifying it is to grow up this way. I also appreciate what a relief it is to discover why. Society has left no room for people who stand out, and we still encourage the "With Us Or Against Us" mentality, especially in school, and in the media. It is profit driven, if you share a deep understanding of economics, and is not likely to change in our lifetime. Just take comfort in the facts that 1) you are not alone, and 2) you behave in a way that is not detrimental to others.
I am somewhat into cars, but no more than a hobby. They are my dads special interest though, and I grew up that way. I am currently helping him restore a 1939 Ford stake bed delivery truck. I myself am quite fond of old Volkswagen's.
Nice to meet you.

And me, I really love cars. Anything and everything to do with cars. So if you are a huge car connoisseur like me, I'm the one to talk to. So anyway, Hello.

Welcome to AC. I think you'll enjoy our little group of car enthusiasts apart from learning so much about ASD from a first-hand perspective.

New Threads

Top Bottom