• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello from Margaret River, 36yo male, diagnosed with Asperger's about a year ago.

holophane

Hello

This is the first time I've ventured into an online Asperger's Forum

I'm looking for people I can share my experiences with and maybe make some friends.

DSC_0509.jpg

So Helloo Aspies!

Hi!!!!! Welcome to AC! I love this place and I hope that you love it too. So welcome :)

Thank you! Tell me about yourself, I'm looking for friends. Friends who I don't have to explain asperger's to. It gets tiring sometimes. Especially the "that's just a word doctors use to classify us' line. That's not so helpful to me. So tell me... what's your story

Thank you! Tell me about yourself, I'm looking for friends. Friends who I don't have to explain asperger's to. It gets tiring sometimes. Especially the "that's just a word doctors use to classify us' line. That's not so helpful to me. So tell me... what's your story

Hi. Well you are more than welcome to check out my profile. I am on here a lot during the night. I am always open to friendships. Yes it does get tiresome but sometimes in all those people you find one person willing to actually listen and read up on it or who actually know what it is. Try being a girl with AS. It often gets even harder because of gender bias on the subject.

Hi. Well you are more than welcome to check out my profile. I am on here a lot during the night. I am always open to friendships. Yes it does get tiresome but sometimes in all those people you find one person willing to actually listen and read up on it or who actually know what it is. Try being a girl with AS. It often gets even harder because of gender bias on the subject.

I viewed your profile and you seem super cool. I went through a gothic phase when I was at school. I liked Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, The Smiths.

So, how do you tell people? And when do you know it's the right time?

I viewed your profile and you seem super cool. I went through a gothic phase when I was at school. I liked Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, The Smiths.

So, how do you tell people? And when do you know it's the right time?
My recommendation would be to look around the site here. There are several threads talking about how people tell other people about their diagnosis. I have learned to tell people right away. Thank you I hope we can chat.

Hi holophane: welcome to the forum! This is my 1st online Aspies forum too & I feel very lucky to have stumbled onto this place first. There is a truly fantastic bunch of people here: all of us truly odd-balls in the Neurotypical world. It'll soon become a 2nd home for you & a community that feels more normal & real than your physical one.

My recommendation would be to look around the site here. There are several threads talking about how people tell other people about their diagnosis. I have learned to tell people right away. Thank you I hope we can chat.
Hello again, thanks for the advice and that is what I have been doing. How do we "chat?" Also, I didn't realise there was a gender bias on the subject. What's that all about?

New Threads

Top Bottom