• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone

Lobelty

Hi,
I’m Lobelty or you can call me Robert, whatever you prefer.

I’m 21 years old and currently in university studying psychology and also work a part time job assisting research at a sleep lab.

Things are generally going well for me at the moment, so I have the breathing room to start and think more about myself, who I am, who I want to be and why and so on.

I’ve been suspecting I might have autism for a long time of my life now, however, I do not have any form of formal diagnosis, as I am just starting to finally explore this part of myself more thoroughly.
I can identify very strongly with some traits typical for people on the spectrum, but in other areas I feel like my experiences are less typical.

This is causing a lot of confusion and negative feelings for me, so I decided to join this forum to learn more about how people with autism experience their lives and especially about how for different people this experience can be different. I have a lot of questions to ask but am also excited to listen to your stories.

Thank you for reading this and I hope you have a great day ^^

1678146868877.png

Just an ordinary member here, not the exalted, but welcome anyway, and I can certainly tell you that this is a great place to help you make better sense of yourself.

Being on the spectrum is tough in a world where most don't seem to understand it, so go easy on yourself. And it's totally normal to match some of the common characteristics but not others.

Last edited:
Hello, it’s nice to meet you. I hope you have a great time here. Before I got diagnosed, I was questioning if I was autistic as well. I’m glad I looked into getting diagnosed because it has helped me understand myself a lot better. If you are wanting to get a formal diagnosis in the future, I hope you are able to get one.

Welcome! There's a small but interesting segment of neurodiverse persons with an interest or background in psychology.

Hi,

I’m 21 years old and currently in university studying psychology and also work a part time job assisting research at a sleep lab.

Things are generally going well for me at the moment, so I have the breathing room to start and think more about myself, who I am, who I want to be and why and so on.

I’ve been suspecting I might have autism for a long time of my life now, however, I do not have any form of formal diagnosis, as I am just starting to finally explore this part of myself more thoroughly.
I can identify very strongly with some traits typical for people on the spectrum, but in other areas I feel like my experiences are less typical.

This is causing a lot of confusion and negative feelings for me, so I decided to join this forum to learn more about how people with autism experience their lives and especially about how for different people this experience can be different. I have a lot of questions to ask but am also excited to listen to your stories.

Sounds like you have very realistic expectations for your time here, as well as a good course of action for self development. I look forward to seeing you around.

HI and welcome @Lobelty

THis is a really good place if you want to find out more about how autism manifests in folks.
Do read around and the search function is good.

Hi,

Welcome Lobelty! I'm new and undiagnosed too. I'm a retired C-5 Galaxy crew chief. I had no clue I was autistic but knew I HAD to have "me time" to recharge and rejuvenate. I'd guess you're likely correct...as likely there are many more yet to reach this conclusion. My recommendation is to try Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to find out if it helps.

It's extremely easy but you may have to tailor it to fit your particular perceptual needs (inner monologue, anyone?) but it can yield impressive results.

I wish you luck!!!

Hello and welcome! It’s good to have you here. Take your time settling in, there are lots of elements of the forum to explore.

New Threads

Top Bottom