• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello all...

LobeDethfaurt

Hello. I'm 35 year old and self-diagnosed. It was only recently (within the last 6 months) that I figured out that I have aspergers...it was one of those online tests. I can't remember my score exactly (low 30s out of 100), but that made me decide to really research the symptoms. It seemed like every time I read a different website, I was reading things about myself! There were many times that I was in tears after reading something...It was a very thrilling, and yet terrifying, journey of self-discovery. See, I'd been in therapy since the age of 9...I've been diagnosed with so many different things (tourettes, ocd, bipolar disorder, etc) that I just thought I was messed up in the head. What a relief it was to discover that, not only was I not 'crazy', but there were many other people who have the same issues as me!

I'll stop there...I could keep going, could write pages, but that's enough for now.

Peace

Hi! Welcome to Aspies Central. I'm glad that you are at that point where you feel comfortable with who you are and that you understand that having AS is nothing to be ashamed of. I like to think of aspies as unique, one-of-a-kind individuals who have a lot to offer to the world. Sure, there are many hardships that many of us deal with all the time, but there are also so many positive qualities that often outweigh our weaknesses.

I truly believe you will definitely enjoy this wonderful forum because everyone here is so friendly and understanding. I like to call our community a close-knit family. Feel free to post any questions, concerns, or insights you have on the threads or come and join in on our conversations on the shoutbox (you can even start one of your own if you wish).

I think it's comforting that today I don't have to wonder if there are people like me out there, suffering from the same problems and "weird" behaviors, because now I know there is. It's indeed a great community.

Welcome to the group! What everyone else has said, I second their opinion.

Not only do we share the same problems, but the way you described your discovery is exactly how I felt.

New Threads

Top Bottom