• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Headphones

juffur

V.I.P Member
So my previous headphones broke (rocketfish usb gaming). I decided to buy a higher quality gaming set and purchased the Logitech g35 USB gaming headset for $140 today. It has 7.1 surround sound, pretty awesome. So what headphones do you use?
:D

I don't use headphones for gaming as such but for music I have Sony MDR-NC500D which are really great, especially when used with my Walkman. I also have the headphones which came with my Walkman X Series (which are surprisingly good). I used to have Beats by Dr Dre (Studio) and while they were good, they aren't as good as my current Sony set (MDR-NC500D). Also, the Beats by Dr Dre broke easily as the headband was plasticy and basically snapped. I went through two pairs in such a short time.

For Skype, I use a simple Sennheiser PC 25 headset. Everyone says that I sound very clear when using it. It wasn't even that expensive or special. For console gaming, I have the official Sony headset but have never used it. These two are mainly for chat though rather than sound experience.

I have my very own headphones that I use, its from my nokia phone but it would have to be plugged in a certain way to actually hear everything and every tunes.

The microphone, I use from my built in mic that came with my laptop when I'm using skype.

My head is too big for regular headphones where the left and right speakers are connected by a semicircle of metal or plastic. Even fully adjusted out they never seem to fit.

My earholes are huge, too big for the earphones that slip into your ear - if I am sittling still at my desk those are okay, but for walking around or exercising... forget it.

So mostly I'm stuck with the sports headphones that are not directly connected, but where each side has a type of clip that goes right around the outside of each ear. I just go for whatever moderately priced headphones do the job, I can't even remember the brand of the headphones that I am using nowadays.

I have two sets of headphones. A pair of green ones that you stick in your ears. I call them pea buds. I also have a set of red ones that fit onto the ears, that turn.

I have two sets of headphones. A pair of green ones that you stick in your ears. I call them pea buds. I also have a set of red ones that fit onto the ears, that turn.

I don't seem to like these headphones very much. :lol2: I always get worried they're just snap inside your ears and get stuck.

Sony%20MDR-EX51LP%20In-Ear%20Earphones%20(Black).jpg

^^ These ones in particular.

I travel a lot for work, and wanted headphones that would cancel out the background noise. I've had the Bose QuietComfort 15's for several years and love them. They seem to have great sound, and significantly reduce ambiance noise.

I have Ultimate ears' Metro-Fi 220 in ear phones and Sennheiser's HD555s. I use the Sennheisers when I'm recording myself on the trumpet. I use the 220s for everything else.

My favorite headphones kicked the bucket last week after enjoying them for 19yrs.
I'm not sure what Radio Shack model they were and was the highest end lightweights they had.
They sounded great and were very loud! 136db was the best I got from it.
I am dying to try a good portable mp3/walkman amp to boost power!
Anyone ever try one?:D

My favorite headphones kicked the bucket last week after enjoying them for 19yrs.
I'm not sure what Radio Shack model they were and was the highest end lightweights they had.
They sounded great and were very loud! 136db was the best I got from it.
I am dying to try a good portable mp3/walkman amp to boost power!
Anyone ever try one?:D

Portable amps aren't always necessary. If you're gonna be using headphones with portable use in mind, pay attention to the impedance and sensitivity of the headphones you're looking at.

If I ever do get a portable amp, it'll likely be a CMOY from Ebay:

$(KGrHqIOKkIE6Pw1CkDsBOpUj2R1-w~~60_12.JPG

I never have a problem with the power of walkman's it's Mp3 players that seem weak by comparison.
My walkman drove the old headphones much louder than the Mp3 did.
I hope a booster would bring back the power I am used to in old walkman's.:D

By the way, Nolan, if you want new headphones you should look through the headphones on this guy's "Wall of Fame" and get whatever you think would best suit your needs.

The various headphones I want to get, and a couple that I already own, happen to be on his lists (Koss Portapros, Koss KSC-75s, Creative Aurvana Live!s, SRH-840s, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, Denon AH-D5000s, Monoprice 8323s).

My favorite earplugs were broken about 3 weeks ago - it was a Philips SHE3590, a good set with rich sound. I replaced it with Pioneer SE-CL521-K and these headphones even better in sound quality and bass boosting. Also I use large over-the-head Philips SHP2000 on my computer.

I own three, two of which I use regularly. A Sennheiser HD203 that I picked up for twenty bucks and which I rarely use now; a pair of Etymotic MC5's, which are decent but kind of bland-sounding; and a Grado SR60i (which is on that wall of fame), which is the one I use most of the time. None of them need an amp, which is good because I don't have the money to go down that road right now.

i still have the Logitech G35's, they went a little quirky after a while, great to use, but they started to drop and clip audio during games and then developed a noticeable whine in one speaker, which for USB headphones, is a glaring problem, since all the conversion from usb to audio happens in the headphones.

sennheiser, bose, koss, shure and grado's are super expensive here in Australia, the prices jump from $150 to $250+ if you want something decent, while the price on amazon stays near $90 for both (sigh). so, it's key to do the research. for all of these, did the research on head-fi, (which is more like an advanced course in reading between the lines.)

currently, i have the brainwavz HM5, cheap $110 ish closed heaphones, with a mod-mic attached, a $20 boom microphone with a magnetic clip. i mostly use these for gaming and working at night. i found these through gaming forums, who also recommended the ATH-M50s and a dozen others, like the V-Moda's, etc. and because i had the G35's before, i later bought a sound card for my home PC, the asus xonar essence STX, which has an audio amp for headphones.

also have beyerdynamic DT990's i got cheap off ebay ($250), replacing some older plushy Beyerdynamic DT531's that need new wiring (i think i pulled the speaker wire out on one ear, but it could be the plug, idk.)

I thought about the Audiotechnica ATH-D900's or the ATH-M50, they've been suggested a few times, but i prefer the portable earphones most times.

I have the etymotic er6is, and shure SE115+ for the iphone headset, and, on the high end, i have the Head-Fi RE-Zero's, which seem to work really well compared to everything above for $100. i've broken like 8 earphones just through putting them in a pocket, including some really expensive ($500) ones, 4 pair of UE's, and some cheap sony ones.

i've bought headphones without doing all the hours of [strike]senseless debate[/strike]research, and they just plain snapped after a few months of use.

I've broken so many headsets it's not even funny. I owned a variety of headsets which have been used for PC gaming. Broke a few cheap Logitech headsets by dropping them one too many times. There were a few more really cheap ones I got off of newegg or amazon (forgot which) and I broke them by dropping them by accident as well. The best one I broke was a Creative headset which was great quality... (I tripped over the cord and snapped it off) done.

New Threads

Top Bottom