• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have people assumed you were different by choice, or by nature?

V.I.P Member
I'd say that throughout my life about 90% of people have thought that I had chosen to be the way I was/am (not sociable, withdrawn, no relationships). Maybe 10% got that I was simply "different".

I choose to be the way I am because being normal for me is too much of an effort when you place the benefits next to the amount of time it'd take to adapt, and the constant **** ups.
Though I do understand why people hate me at school. I CBA explaining(exhausted tbh) but I will tomorrow if someone asks me.
I've come to understand why people hate me for the way I am and, while I find the justification pretty juvenile, it is comprehensible. I know that if I was innately good at comprehending social variables like them that I'd probably be the same and hate other AS people in my year(to be fair, I dislike most of them, there's only 2 I like).
EMZ=]

People (not that I know a lot of them) usually think I never go outside and have no job because I'm a lazy asshole. And they are partially right :D However, when they get to know me a little better, they realize that I barely have any chance of integrating into the society (not that I give a flying **** about society anyway), and they start to suspect that something is in fact wrong with me. My friend from high-school once randomly said: "You know, I wonder, why is it that you are so ****ed up?".

Most people seem to think that I am this way because I choose to be when the fact is, I would love to be different, but it's not possible. This is just how i am. It's my nature.

People always just think im weird , everything about me is weird to others. They always say theres nothing normal about me. I dont know the answer though.

Some people think there is definitely something different about me because of the way I talk and the way I express myself towards others that it kinda feels I don't particularly fit into the group.

New Threads

Top Bottom