• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hate People Breathing Tirely?

Luger999

I hate people breathing with the sound "Hi yah" and "Ai yah", especially older people breathing like that. I don't know why but I'll get a little mad when when I heard that.

Does anyone also find these sounds annoying?

Does "tirely" mean in a tired/feeble/exhausted/weak/too breath-y sort of way?

This is the first time I have ever seen the word "tirely."

Does "tirely" mean in a tired/feeble/exhausted/weak/too breath-y sort of way?

This is the first time I have ever seen the word "tirely."
Yes that's what I mean.

Do you fine the sound air yah or hi yah to be annoying?

I haven't heard those particular sounds, from people breathing.

They remind me of how some preachers talk, though, with
their exaggerated exhalation on the last syllable of the last word
in a sentence.

Seriously no one here heard of these sounds?

People, especially older people make these kind of sounds when exerting themselves.

Last edited:
Must be a cultural thing. Old people around here definitely don't make those sounds.

What you refer to, is in effect "look at me", which is the kind of sound I hear with those words. It is ARTIFICIAL yawning.

What you refer to, is in effect "look at me", which is the kind of sound I hear with those words. It is ARTIFICIAL yawning.
That's what I'm picking up too.
Not really a speech pattern, but, a tired exhale with sounds of exhaustion like "ha- yeh" as an expression of being tired.
Like some say pshew, after doing something and they are winded, tired.

But, it doesn't bother me to hear it, no.

That's what I'm picking up too.
Not really a speech pattern, but, a tired exhale with sounds of exhaustion like "ha- yeh" as an expression of being tired.
Like some say pshew, after doing something and they are winded, tired.

But, it doesn't bother me to hear it, no.

I ignore it when the one closest to me does it, because it is a clear hint.

I do get mad if people do an outbreathing because they are tired or bored or something. That is more like: "Hooooooooh". Hahahaha.

I've never held breathing itself against any humans, young or old.

Though I admit, I'm sometimes amused at such comments regarding French Bulldogs. :p

I hate when people start posts with, "I hate..."
I hate people breathing with the sound "Hi yah" and "Ai yah", especially older people breathing like that. I don't know why but I'll get a little mad when when I heard that.

My son has a speech defect. That has taught me a different attitude when it comes to people and the variety of sounds they express.

Seriously no one here heard of these sounds?

People, especially older people make these kind of sounds when exerting themselves.
Nope! Haven't heard that.

I have heard exhaling on effort in the gym and in tennis matches.

Do you mean they are just breathy? Like they are sighing like they've been tired out, or they are a bit breathless, like they've just run up the stairs? Like Richard, or like Marilyn Monroe? :grinning:

Nope! Haven't heard that.

I have heard exhaling on effort in the gym and in tennis matches.
What does really annoy me are the loud grunts many tennis players now seem to need to use. I have always loved watching tennis, but sometimes it annoys me so much I have to turn it off!

New Threads

Top Bottom