• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hate getting water on my skin

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
Due to the recent heatwave, which caused droughts everywhere, I heard that ones are urged to take just two showers a week and I did laugh, because that is my habit anyway. It is a real battle going on in my head, when that day is looming that I have to shower and I do this, because I hate being dirty.

Ironically, I don't mind washing my face. Although, it did used to be a trial.

I love being in water but have a fear of pools. I love showering but am extremely sensitive to the feeling of fabric after I'm clean and so I never look forward to having to do it. Big love/hate relationship with water in general I guess haha.

I could live in the water if that was possible. I learned to swim in the ocean. My dad was a surfer. We explored coves all over So Cal, and up into Big Sur and Humboldt. I've been amazing places on the coast, and seen beautiful things. There's nothing like the sea mist on a warm day. The Oregon Coast is too cold to swim in, but it sure is beautiful and pristine.

Oh my goodness, and The Gulf of Mexico!! The sand is pure white, and soft like flour. The water is bright blue, tranquil, and warm to the touch. I've swam with Bat Rays before. That was a trip.

One of my most favorite things that we had in the house, growing up, was a surfboard that said "Santa Cruz", but it had a picture of Santa Claus airbrushed across it.

Just got back from the beach where I had a lobster roll and a Boston Lager then played in the large waves rolling to shore. Lake Michigan is nice this time of year.

I hate feeling even slightly damp, whatever the cause. I mind humidity much more than I mind heat, but unfortunately I live in a climate where those always come together. I detest sweating even a little, and sometimes in summer it’s so humid that just the air feels damp. I tend to shower about three times a week, and I dread it all day and often end up taking them late at night because I keep putting it off until later.

I love going for walks in light to moderate rain, but only with an umbrella. Actually getting rained on is another story. I’ve been known to have meltdowns from getting hit by a sprinkler.

In the desert with perpetual droughts you have to get creative about how you save water. :flushed:

I love water on my skin! Especially when swimming, but when I'm drying off afterwards it's ❄FREEZING!❄

Due to the recent heatwave, which caused droughts everywhere, I heard that ones are urged to take just two showers a week and I did laugh, because that is my habit anyway. It is a real battle going on in my head, when that day is looming that I have to shower and I do this, because I hate being dirty.

Ironically, I don't mind washing my face. Although, it did used to be a trial.
Me too. I used to force myself to shower once a day, at least in summer- my skin has gotten better since I stopped doing that.

I know the feeling. Getting in the shower and out almost hurts, same with swimming. But I when I'm in the water it's alright.

I'm mostly okay with showering (as long as I dry off immediately afterwards, because I hate the feeling of dripping), but I've never been able to handle water on my face or in my eyes to the point where I don't know how to swim. One drop and I'm basically in a fetal position on the floor. My face is nasty because I can't handle washing it.

New Threads

Top Bottom