• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

has anyone ever been to a cat cafe?

toothless

this is mr shadow,my support cat
i went to the manchester cat cafe this week [UK], and it was amazing,there were pedigree cats everywhere and you pay one price and get as many teas/coffees as you want.
there is a huge pathway system on the ceiling for the cats to walk about without having to interact with a humanoid being,i wish i could have something like that.

i think cat cafes are perfect venues for auties/aspies to chill out in,i have a cat but i still enjoyed experiencing all these wonderful and unique breeds of kitty.

have you ever been to a cat cafe,would you go to one or are they not your thing?

226352cbea.png

2269f123b7.png
22713896f7.png
2278b0e1c0.png

^keira [i think thats her name] was sniffing my walker/rollator for ages because my cat; mr shadow hangs around it.

2282aad0ca.png

Oh...I thought a 'cat cafe' would be a place people took their
cats for snacks or treats or meals. Like the dog bakeries.
D.O.G. Bakery - Gourmet Dog Treats

I went to a cat show, once.
And I used to like walking around at the fair seeing all the
animals.

I might like a 'cat cafe' but I wouldn't care about the
coffee or tea aspect. I like interacting with the local cats
at the hardware and feedstores. The cats there are
sociable.

Wow! I want to go! There is none close to me :-( I think that would be so great.

I've read about cat cafes and seen some things on them but never been to one. My problem is I feel like I'd want to take the kitties home with me!;):) Do they have an option on the menu for that?:D

THERE'S ONE OPENING IN CARDIFF THIS YEAR. And as you can tell, I'm not excited about it at all...:sweatsmile:

Oh...I thought a 'cat cafe' would be a place people took their
cats for snacks or treats or meals. Like the dog bakeries.
D.O.G. Bakery - Gourmet Dog Treats

I went to a cat show, once.
And I used to like walking around at the fair seeing all the
animals.

I might like a 'cat cafe' but I wouldn't care about the
coffee or tea aspect. I like interacting with the local cats
at the hardware and feedstores. The cats there are
sociable.
you would love the cats at the cat cafe i went to,they were very sociable.

was it a big cat show you went to? i went to a biggish one once but there were signs every where to not touch the cats through the cages,and they were all rubbing up against the cages and meowing for attention,i couldnt cope.

I've read about cat cafes and seen some things on them but never been to one. My problem is I feel like I'd want to take the kitties home with me!;):) Do they have an option on the menu for that?:D
im exactly the same,the trip to the cafe has convinced me to ask my support company to see if i can get another [a pedigree kitten] cat,i fell in love with a big ginger maine coon boy called aslan,hes the one chilling out in the computer monitor in the photos i posted.

i dont know if its the same in all cafes but this particular one doesnt let you touch the cats if theyre sleeping,you will feel intense love and joy for them but you cant touch,you might not cope with that? :D

THERE'S ONE OPENING IN CARDIFF THIS YEAR. And as you can tell, I'm not excited about it at all...:sweatsmile:
i cant tell,are you excited or are you not interested? theyre definitely getting more common.

toothless

Not so very large.
The cats were all in cages on cafeteria type tables.

At the time I was considering buying a fancy cat.
A Himalayan, I think it was.
White with long fur and points like a Siamese.

Mostly it was the influence of my boyfriend-at-the-time.
He thought pets should be status symbols.

Because I was ready to take a kitten from my friend.
Her cat was going to have kittens.
She was giving them away.
I ended up doing that.
The kitten was a nice Russian Blue...
The boyfriend didn't last anywhere near as long as the
kitten/cat. :catface:

i cant tell,are you excited or are you not interested? theyre definitely getting more common.

Sorry, I should have thought that sarcasm doesn't translate so well in text (especially on a forum for people on the spectrum) :p

I can't wait for it to open, but I'll be leaving it a while after it opens to go there because it's going to be really busy to start with I think.

My niece goes to one in Korea, she can't have a cat where she lives.

There has been an attempt to open one near me, but our city codes don't allow for such things. They are trying to get the cod changed, or at least be granted a variance.

There's two cat cafes in my city. While I love the concept I don't much like going there as it's often quite busy and while I'd like to sit there quietly and enjoy the cats' shenanigans I get way too distracted by other visitors clamoring for the cats' attention.
Luckily I have two cats at home :)

I wish there was a dog cafe.

There is a cat cafe near me, but I've never been. I would still go out of curiosity. I don't mind being around cats now and again.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom