• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

has anyone ever been to a cat cafe?

i went to the manchester cat cafe this week [UK], and it was amazing,there were pedigree cats everywhere and you pay one price and get as many teas/coffees as you want.
there is a huge pathway system on the ceiling for the cats to walk about without having to interact with a humanoid being,i wish i could have something like that.

i think cat cafes are perfect venues for auties/aspies to chill out in,i have a cat but i still enjoyed experiencing all these wonderful and unique breeds of kitty.

have you ever been to a cat cafe,would you go to one or are they not your thing?

226352cbea.png

2269f123b7.png
22713896f7.png
2278b0e1c0.png

^keira [i think thats her name] was sniffing my walker/rollator for ages because my cat; mr shadow hangs around it.

2282aad0ca.png
I need to go here! Where is this? :3 =^.^= <3

That's awesome! I've never been and wouldn't go because I'm allergic to cats. But if there was a dog cafe I'd totally go. Or better yet, a goat cafe.

There are a few not too far from me. I'd love to go, but I'm not sure how my cat would like it if I came home smelling like I enjoyed the company of other cats. He can be a little possessive, as in little kid who doesn't want to share his mother-possessive, not like a jealous husband.

i went to the manchester cat cafe this week [UK], and it was amazing,there were pedigree cats everywhere and you pay one price and get as many teas/coffees as you want.
there is a huge pathway system on the ceiling for the cats to walk about without having to interact with a humanoid being,i wish i could have something like that.

i think cat cafes are perfect venues for auties/aspies to chill out in,i have a cat but i still enjoyed experiencing all these wonderful and unique breeds of kitty.

have you ever been to a cat cafe,would you go to one or are they not your thing?

226352cbea.png

2269f123b7.png
22713896f7.png
2278b0e1c0.png

^keira [i think thats her name] was sniffing my walker/rollator for ages because my cat; mr shadow hangs around it.

2282aad0ca.png

I will be visiting the Manchester cat Cafe at some point in the future. I know of it but haven't got around to organising myself in order to visit.

Now I've seen your pictures, I will be visiting for some therapy :)

I tried to go to the local cat café when it first opened. I paid my money and then immediately saw media in the room. I got a refund because I hate media in general. (There is no point in revealing which media outlet it was, because changing the outlet would not change my mind about entering the room.)

Haven't gone back because it's in an awful place to get to - one has to take a bus through the worst neighbourhoods in the city, and there is never a good reason to go to the mall there as it has no stores that I can't access in places that it is more practical for me to go to.

I went to one in Edinburgh this summer. It was fun, although nearly all of the cats were asleep and tired from petting. I was also very lucky to get in, usually for that cafe you have to make an appointment to get in and they were able to squeeze me in since it was just me.

One's now open in Stratford-upon-Avon, which makes it the nearest to me as the crow flies. Too bad the frequency of rail and bus links from Leamington Spa leave something to be desired...
Shakespaws Cat Café

I'd never eat at a cafe that serves cats as food. :)

That was my first thought. Just like when I think of the term puppy mill, or pugmill.

Never heard of one. Wouldn't go to one either. Couldn't eat or drink in a place full of cats and hair. Some restaurants are allowing owners to bring their dogs in to dine, I won't go to those places either. But to each their own.

I believe this video is filmed inside a cat cafe. I'm actually quite certain. So it's on topic! :p
I couldn't wait for the subtitles and I like it without anyway. :) Its not like cats come with subtitles and we manage okay with them.. don't we? :oops:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom