• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hard times

Duke Random

I'm having a hard time trying to live on my own. I have been scrapping by for about 10 months now. One major problem is every time I get a job, I will quit do to boredom, difficulty, or I just do not like it. If I keep at it my anxiety attacks can get worse. I do not like this dilemma. Any suggestions?

animated_welcome_image_0289.gif

Maybe you can post this again here as more people will see it and offer advice.

What kinds of jobs have you been finding boring/difficult/un-like-able?

What things can you do a lot without getting bored? What things do you like to do? What are you good at?

All I can think of is to look for jobs where you would be doing things you find interesting (or at least not so boring you can't stand it), and/or like to do, and/or are good at.

I'm having a hard time trying to live on my own. I have been scrapping by for about 10 months now. One major problem is every time I get a job, I will quit do to boredom, difficulty, or I just do not like it. If I keep at it my anxiety attacks can get worse. I do not like this dilemma. Any suggestions?

I have been like that! Oh dear, I have walked into the boss's office and told him that I no longer can cope with working there and I demand my full pay. Goodness me, either he was eager to get rid of me ( probably that) or he was amused at how niave I was, that I got my full pay immediately. It was the injustice I could not deal with.

I find that if I am bored with the work in hand, I get meltdowns, but now as a mature ( in age ), I see that really if you want to have a remotedly decent life style, then needs must and especially if you live on your own.

Housework is pretty boring and so, I brighten things up and play music at top volume, whilst I am working and love the look afterwards.

You need to find ways to push boredom away, otherwise, you will be in a worse dilemma than boredom!

I suck at keeping jobs too. The longest I've had a job for is about 6 months.

I have three children now so don't work, my partner is the breadwinner... between the two though, I'd rather work lol.

Have the same problems, but usually due to noise issues. I need a very quiet working environment. Jobs usually suck unfortunately too. Welcome to the site!

Welcome Duke,

And a fine choice there with your avatar pic: Us rodentia need to stick together :)

New Threads

Top Bottom