• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Show Your Hand Writing

Your handwriting is super neat and clean and clear! I envy you. My hand-writing is horrible to read; I cannot read all my journals of years past--barely. Folks always joked that I write like a doctor, but I have yet to earn a doctorate in music ;)
Thank you so much. My hand writing has evolved over time. I remember when I was a kid I would write very big at the start of a sentence. As I was running out of room on the lined piece of paper, I would write super small to fit the rest of the sentence. I recently found an old notebook from elementary school and I was laughing at how silly it was.

When I was in middle school, I remember we had to use certain formatting for our notes. It was called cornell notes and I didn’t really like using them, but I had no choice. I would have to write a lot of notes, so I started to write really small to cram everything in one column of the paper. I used that type of style for a while, then I made it a little bit bigger for people to read later on.

Note.jpg

I was brilliant at maths and the sciences but I hated writing, It took me forever and my hand used to cramp up all the time. My older sister was hopeless with maths and science but she was incredibly creative and a natural born artist.

So we did a deal, I did all her homework for her but when we had to do projects with pictures and lots of writing she did those for me. I got busted the first time I handed in one of her projects because she couldn't spell for crap either. :)

Thank you so much. My hand writing has evolved over time. I remember when I was a kid I would write very big at the start of a sentence. As I was running out of room on the lined piece of paper, I would write super small to fit the rest of the sentence. I recently found an old notebook from elementary school and I was laughing at how silly it was.

When I was in middle school, I remember we had to use certain formatting for our notes. It was called cornell notes and I didn’t really like using them, but I had no choice. I would have to write a lot of notes, so I started to write really small to cram everything in one column of the paper. I used that type of style for a while, then I made it a little bit bigger for people to read later on.
Hey, I think my handwriting was big too when I was a kid!

Oh that sounds awful :( I hate writing tiny.

Also, as a side question--does anyone else have the habit of writing d/b hybrids often? Beginning to write 'duck' but accidentally forming a 'b' instead of a 'd' and having to hastily correct the mistake?

Also, as a side question--does anyone else have the habit of writing d/b hybrids often? Beginning to write 'duck' but accidentally forming a 'b' instead of a 'd' and having to hastily correct the mistake?
All the time, I hate writing by hand. I also get lazy and sloppy and my S starts to look like a J. When I write numbers they're always clear neat and distinctive though.

I also have trouble with the wrong letters when typing. I'm not dyslexic but it appears that my fingers are.

All the time, I hate writing by hand. I also get lazy and sloppy and my S starts to look like a J. When I write numbers they're always clear neat and distinctive though.

I also have trouble with the wrong letters when typing. I'm not dyslexic but it appears that my fingers are.
Huh...interesting! I have a love-hate relationship with writing by hand. Me too with the numbers, I think?

Ah, that's interesting too! I'm not dyslexic but my mother is. I think?

Bubbly girl letters. My handwriting's not interesting, I don't think. Varies greatly depending on how much effort I put into it.

I think this place is the biggest group of navel gazers I have ever witnessed, except now I am as guilty of it as anyone else, and what else are you going to stare at when your entire problem is isolation? A friend's navel? What's a friend?

I think this place is the biggest group of navel gazers I have ever witnessed, except now I am as guilty of it as anyone else, and what else are you going to stare at when your entire problem is isolation? A friend's navel? What's a friend?
I'm not sure what you mean, I'm googling the "navel gazer" and just "navel" and I don't think I understand its meaning

Have you seen twitter?
Yes, but they are gazing at great collective navels which are the union of legion bellybuttons, in a grandeur which our tiny single-navel consciousness could never grasp, and then with tremendous self-righteousness and indignation.

I'm not sure what you mean, I'm googling the "navel gazer" and just "navel" and I don't think I understand its meaning
Navel-gazing is a term for idle self-contemplation, usually self-indulgent. But, like I said, I have no shame in it when the world has left me with nobody else to contemplate.

Navel-gazing is a term for idle self-contemplation, usually self-indulgent. But, like I said, I have no shame in it when the world has left me with nobody else to contemplate.
Hm, I want to indulge in other people's handwriting, so I don't think those navel things work here

Gm, I want to indulge in other people's handwriting, so I don't think those navel things work here
I think it just makes me uncomfortable to spend so much time analyzing myself, or even accepting an invitation for someone else to do it for me, but I feel justified at the same time, having arrived here.

I'ma go eat me some taco breakfast, and then you can tell me whether my handwriting looks like it was written by a soulless logic monster.

New Threads

Top Bottom