• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hallo

Domani

Hi,

I'm Domani. I joined a few days ago and browsed a few forums to see if I feel comfortable here and I do. You seem to be a nice bunch of people and I hope to contribute as much as I can.

I used to be an INFP 10 or 12 years ago but last year I felt I had changed a bit so I re-tested at MBTI and I'm now INTJ which I think fits me better. I'm still a 5w6 hermit, even before Covid-19 and self-isolation and pretty happy stay-at-home though not quite a hikikomori.

I mainly joined to be able to chat with other Aspies because I'm often on a different wavelength with my NT friends and I want to know if my quirks (hate small-talk, lies, crowds, busy people; love being on my own, writing, movies, etc) are also shared by other Aspies or just my own.

I'm open to messages so PM me if you like,

Domani

Thank you, clg114.

My Aspie quiz score ~

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 96 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 118 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

upload_2020-6-10_20-36-13.png

Howdy partner. Mosey right on up to the ranch and make yourself comfy. Mighty big welcome.

Welcome to the forum, I’ve found this site friendly, informative and a good support, hope you find it good for you

Hi and welcome. What are you writing? Hope you enjoy it here.

:crocodile::dragon::dragonface::frogface::cactus::palmtree::bug::snake::dragon::turtle:

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome :)

@Thinx, I used to be a travel writer but I'm now writing fiction for my own pleasure. I haven't viewed your profile as yet ~ are you a writer?

Welcome, Domani.

I hope your experience here as you read, post, and interact is fruitful and encouraging. We hope you stay.

Don’t be reluctant to post. It is true that if you are thinking about posting something there are many others that are thinking about the same thing and your post may be the key to someone else commenting and learning from your experience (post).

Once again thank you for posting and welcome.

Thank you, Mia. It's good to be here. All of my friends are (I think) NT and it's difficult voicing an Aspie rant with any of them as they'll always see it from the NT point of view and oppose me. Sometimes, there's no right or wrong in an ND and NT rant as it's all subjective. Here, I can rant and hope many Aspies can understand my point. Well, maybe. I used to frustrate myself trying to explain my point to an NT and it was always like duck talking to chicken and getting nowhere.

Hi,

I'm Domani. I joined a few days ago and browsed a few forums to see if I feel comfortable here and I do. You seem to be a nice bunch of people and I hope to contribute as much as I can.

I used to be an INFP 10 or 12 years ago but last year I felt I had changed a bit so I re-tested at MBTI and I'm now INTJ which I think fits me better. I'm still a 5w6 hermit, even before Covid-19 and self-isolation and pretty happy stay-at-home though not quite a hikikomori.

I mainly joined to be able to chat with other Aspies because I'm often on a different wavelength with my NT friends and I want to know if my quirks (hate small-talk, lies, crowds, busy people; love being on my own, writing, movies, etc) are also shared by other Aspies or just my own.

I'm open to messages so PM me if you like,

Domani

Hi Domani and welcome to the forums!

Have you seen Inside Asperger's Looking Out by Kathy Hoopmann? She also published All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome. Both books are a fast and easy read that take a lighthearted look at life with Asperger's Syndrome. Either may be helpful in answering your questions about shared experiences among Aspies. You can also explore the forums and ask questions if you like.

Happy trails as you explore the forums!

Thank you for the warm welcome and suggested reading, @LenHuppe. I haven't seen or read either book and will be sure to look out for them. I took an Aspie test only a couple months ago when a friend, familiar with Aspies, suggested that I might be one, so I'm new to ASD and have a lot of exploring to do. I was fascinated by the Swedish TV series Bron/Broen (The Bridge) with an Aspie female police detective and I share many traits with her which convinced me to take the test. I also hope to contribute meaningfully to the forums as much as I can.

New Threads

Top Bottom