• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Half of all Children Will Have Autism by 2025 (?)

In that case, we really have to hurry up and ajust society accordingly. It would never do to send one in every two children to "special" ed or pay for treating their PTSD later. ;)

what's up with people whining saying autism is bad and horrible its not a disease its mainly to do with better understanding and people being found out to have it neurotypicals have a lot to learn from us maybe were the perfect human you never know until they find out.

Last edited:
People had autism way before there were pesticides, pcbs, or vaccines. Just back then, they wore dunce caps, got spanked, and were called addle brained.

I dont think autism rates are rising, I just think we're getting better at recognising and accommodating it.

If there is an environmental factor in development of autism, then further research into the ages and overall health of the mother and father at the time of conception might shed light on causation. I've read that autism is associated with older parents. If there is an inheritable genetic component (which seems to exist), then less viable sperm and eggs found in older/unhealthy parents might contribute to autism.

Oh? 1 in 2 you say? You reap what you sow.

Old thread, but 2025 isn't too far away so we'll see how this theory holds up. It very likely won't, but it's not my ego on the line here.

Last edited:
If there is an environmental factor in development of autism, then further research into the ages and overall health of the mother and father at the time of conception might shed light on causation. I've read that autism is associated with older parents. If there is an inheritable genetic component (which seems to exist), then less viable sperm and eggs found in older/unhealthy parents might contribute to autism.
My parents were healthy 18 and 19 year olds when I was conceived.
My father is highly likely to be on the spectrum as is a younger brother. I have 3 other siblings that are NT.
We suspect that it goes fairly far back in our bloodline, given the types of individuals that were a part of our family.

I have a nephew that we suspect as well, a child of my NT sister when she was 29.

With the exception of my nephew, we all predate the use of Roundup which was first marketed in 1974.

My parents were healthy 18 and 19 year olds when I was conceived.
My father is highly likely to be on the spectrum as is a younger brother. I have 3 other siblings that are NT.
We suspect that it goes fairly far back in our bloodline, given the types of individuals that were a part of our family.

I have a nephew that we suspect as well, a child of my NT sister when she was 29.

With the exception of my nephew, we all predate the use of Roundup which was first marketed in 1974.

Autism does seem to run in families. But supposedly there are outliers, autistic children born into families with no known history of ASD. Those outliers have an association with age of parents which should be researched.

Monsanto currently is being sued in the US for Roundup allegedly causing Non-Hodgkins lymphoma in people with substantial exposure to it. I once sued Monsanto and others for PCB contamination it allowed to be dumped all over a small town. PCBs were in oil used in electrical transformers at a transformer manufacturing facility located there. The company settled for a very nice sum of money after first claiming that Eskimos had higher lipid concentrations of PCBs than the residents of the town and therefore it wasn't Monsanto's PCBs. I enjoyed asking Monsanto's expert witness if he was contending that the inhabitants of the little southern town, almost all of whom were African American, got their PCB loads from eating Beluga whale blubber like the Eskimos. He looked and sounded like a fool.

Mexico, especially the Yucatan region, refuses to allow Monsanto's GMO seeds into the country for fear of cross-pollinization with native plants and crops. Monsanto can't stand being denied yet another market and, predictably, is resorting to politics to pressure Mexico.

I don't like Monsanto, as you can tell.

New Threads

Top Bottom