• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hair metal thread!

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
This thread is a celebration of one of the best genres of the ‘80s. Post your favorite hair or glam metal videos here in this thread.

What excellent examples of the genre, they bought back memory of a past me, being a teen in the 80'ties - I'm more into folk music these days.

For the spirit of this thread, let me introduce you to a Danish band, I think is the right genre, that created this song in the 80'ties - I have been to many, many concerts with them at different events, and they are still active.

I'm not really into hair bands that much, but here's one that I kind of enjoy. The band is Dangerous Toys, and they broke through really late so they never got as big as they could have if they came a few years earlier. I first heard of them because the singer, Jason McMaster, was the first lead singer in prog-thrash group Watchtower. He would even team up with Ron Jarzombek again for the latter's Spastic Ink project, plus do a lot of other projects over the years. I think what I like about the group is that, unlike most hair bands of the time, there's still some grit to their sound, plus actually hearing the bass is always a plus.

This turned out to be an interesting topic for me, one of the very first bands that popped in to my head turned out to be British. Culturally Australia always remained very close to Britain and this showed in a lot of our music scene as well.

We're known for AC/DC of course, but to us only the first 4 albums are Australian. After that they shifted to the US and lost any cultural identity with us, they became foreigners. Interesting side note, there's 2 different versions of the first 4 albums, back then they didn't pass US censorship laws and they completely rerecorded those first 4 albums to help them break in to the US market. Aussie radio stations all play the originals of course.

As a general rule of thumb the Aussie music scene was a bit more hard rock than the US but we didn't do the hair much after the mid 70s. Punk never really took off that big here and neither did the germanic thrash metal but there were influences of those and other genres too.

So we have the style but without the hair:

LOL...one of my mother's good friends was Skid Row's Sebastian Bach's grandmother. :cool:

She used to attend all her grandson's local concerts. Rock on, Granny!

Here's a hair metal cover of the Transformers theme - which was used in the 1986 movie:

Lion - "Transformers Theme" (1986)

What excellent examples of the genre, they bought back memory of a past me, being a teen in the 80'ties - I'm more into folk music these days.

For the spirit of this thread, let me introduce you to a Danish band, I think is the right genre, that created this song in the 80'ties - I have been to many, many concerts with them at different events, and they are still active.

I love this D-A-D song:

Here's a Norwegian one:

Some modern hair metal, Black Debbath. A tribute to Black Sabbath :D One of the most hilarious bands. The song is called "Where the Hell is Satan?", from the album "The Age of Stupid". These guys are waiting for him but he's busy with other things and never shows up and they are so disappointed.

You've awoken the demon, I only listen to stuff like this these days

(actually, these might just be speed metal. apparently I've been metalling for so many years now that I can't properly genre anymore)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom