• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Guys, don't get attached to women you meet online.

this may be a stuipd question but how can u tell if someone is telling the truth or lieing in these kind of situtations

do you family or friends who could give you the money

do u have a twitter

Do dont mean anything bad by this by are interested in me all of the sudden

3:11AM

Well i have contacted my best Friend lola,she was working in one of the west Africa International Airport,she is ready to help me out with just $600 only because she has just been recovery from a sickness cos she has spent a lot of her sickness the sickness was very severed(Thyhoid)that she nearly lost her live Thank God she is back on a feet,she had been my good friend for a every long time infant she is a friend indeed because of the illness she undergone so she cos not meet up with the money i needed to book my flight home and again you are my last source of hope i count on, i will need 400$ to book me on the next flight back. i can't just wait anymore...Hope to hear Goodnews from you as soon as you get this message

This only further proves she is a scammer because she just gave you more red flags:

6. She mentioned WEST AFRICA, thats what scammers usually do

7. She mentioned more "tragedies" (sickness of her friend and so forth) just like I predicted she would. This is a typical halmark of a scam: a sequence of many different things: first credit card, then illness, and so forth. And yes the illness story is very standard.

8. So she told you why that ONE friend couldn't help. But what about her OTHER friends in the US? Or is she saying she doesn't have any because she never been to US in the first place and the only reason she said she was is because she makes up lies to try to scam you?

this may be a stuipd question but how can u tell if someone is telling the truth or lieing in these kind of situtations

In this case, very easily, because she does EXACTLY what other scammers do. They all mention WEST AFRICA for some reason, they all mention how they travel abroad, they all claim to fall in love very quickly, they all make up some tragedies and so forth. The fact that there are a A LOT of people that do EXACTLY what she does is what makes it so easy to tell.

It's not a stupid question. If it was, people wouldn't be criminally defrauded so easily as they are.

You have to employ analytical skills and deductions. Never take any chance meeting or early acquaintance at face value. Especially if the issue of money or property is brought up so early in any social interaction. You have to be clever. To notice the little things. Like the difference in writing styles between the emails you're receiving and that of the person's Facebook page. It appears to me that this involved very poor writing skills of no less than two people.

And when someone tells you they're a "model"...or an entertainer like a rapper....those are classic examples used to "catfish" people in phony online relationships. Apart from overtly attractive photographs they claim are theirs.

And yes, considerations of geographical locations. Ones which statistically involve a great deal of criminal fraud. Learn which countries to scrutinize...apart from the USA itself.

Sorry pineman93. It does indeed appear that someone is attempting to defraud you.

Last edited:
It's not a stupid question. If it was, people wouldn't be criminally defrauded so easily as they are.

You have to employ analytical skills and deductions. Never take any chance meeting or early acquaintance at face value. Especially if the issue of money or property is brought up so early in any social interaction. You have to be clever. To notice the little things. Like the difference in writing styles between the emails you're receiving and that of the person's Facebook page. It appears to me that this involved very poor writing skills of no less than two people.

And when someone tells you they're a "model"...or an entertainer like a rapper....those are classic examples used to "catfish" people in phony online relationships. Apart from overtly attractive photographs they claim are theirs.

And yes, considerations of geographical locations. Ones which statistically involve a great deal of criminal fraud. Learn which countries to scrutinize...apart from the USA itself.

Sorry pineman93. It does indeed appear that someone is attempting to defraud you.

im now begining to think this to i just told her there is nothing i can do to help her and i have asked her several questions witch she has yet to answer

does any one find it werid that all her fb friends are male recently added and possabily all single

Last edited:
im now begining to think this to i just told her there is nothing i can do to help her and i have asked her several questions witch she has yet to answers

Just understand that criminals don't necessarily give up easily. They'll likely try to wear you down. My advice is to completely cut off all contact with this person.

Example: I get an extraordinary number of criminal scam phone calls five days a week. Mostly for being in the white pages of the phone book. I look at their caller ID, which is always someone I don't know or never heard of as well as non-local area codes.

I NEVER MAKE CONTACT WITH THEM.

Instead, I just connect and instantly hang up. I don't give them the opportunity of connecting with me so they can launch anything from a silly and stupid scam, to a potentially very clever and compelling scam.

Example: http://www.ktvn.com/story/32253818/washoe-county-officials-warn-of-scam-claiming-to-be-deputy

Instead, I go to the Internet and look their caller ID number up on a website called mrnumber.com. I then input the phone number in question and voila! In most cases I find the number is either being spoofed (faked) and that the caller's intent is inherently fraudulent. It also shows a "spam rating" for how often these people are calling, using automated systems like "robocallers". So I log all these numbers and if they call more than three times, I block the number.

The worst thing you can do is to connect to such people. When they figure out that you aren't willing to engage them, eventually they do stop calling. Of course the reality is that there is always another criminal waiting to do the same. Simple point- don't give them the chance.

If over a situation of where you're just socializing, any mention of money or property is your queue not to walk away....but to RUN AWAY.

If you have access to cable television, by all means start watching MTV's series known as "Catfish". Where they profile stories of people in online relationships where deceit is suspected. In nearly every case it's proven and they show how to go about checking up on people and what to look for when you suspect someone is not being honest with you over an online relationship. Where it may not necessarily be anything criminal, but rather psychological in nature.

http://www.mtv.com/shows/catfish-the-tv-show

Last edited:
does any one find it werid that all her fb friends are male recently added and possabily all single

Yeah I just counted the number of friends. The number of ALL friends is 29, and the number of "recently added" ones is also 29. This implies that few days ago she had 29-29=0 friends. In other words, her profile is very recent. Probably she just created one for the scam.

On the other hand, when I go to her friends profiles, they have only one or two recently added friends and the rest of their friends are much older. So this implies that people on her friend list are probably legit. In other words, they are her victims, she probably requested money from all of them.

I really know that it's very hard to trust a stranger that you have just met on the net b'cos I too know that there are too much of internet fraudsnowadays. but.I want you to know something that it all depend on heart.Your heart will let you know what to do and what is not needed to be done again.Please i want you to understand that this had happened already and we had to work things together to make it get through.I wanna promise you..I will never let you regret of helping me So I will be glad if you can pls just try to give me a chance for once and you will know that am not ever after your money and am for real and you wouldn't never regret of been help to me out of here...

some else she said

Pineman93, please here me as I am going to try and clear this fog once and for all.

Words are the cheapest weapons made from the lightest steel. They are empty vessels that carry meaning without cost. What I mean is... there is nothing keeping a human being from lying to another; there is no lightning bolt of Karma or vengeful spirit that protects the naive from the manipulations of a lie. This goes for everyone here! Being nice to one another is an admirable life goal and trait and I will always encourage this; however, to be nice is not as simple as you seem to think. To do so correctly takes a sharp brain and a strong will to make hard decisions. Decisions like what you think is forsaking a fellow in need.

This sub-conversation has really gone on too long and I am sorry to hear all of this. The fact that it has gone on this long screams aloud to one like me who is listening that you have doubts in the warnings of these people. You doubt the severity of the situation in hopes that the words of your chat girl are somehow as true as you think they sound. It seems this is your first experience with being baited online in this fashion. But what better thread to bring this to for guidance... you did well.

Now comes the hard truth. Men are easily baited online because we desire. Often our desires are on our sleeves so that when we are online, crafty liars can hook us in. Words carry no consequences for a liar, despite what idealisms you've been lead to believe. Any divine justice they will have coming to them will not be in perspective to save you from a lie. Someone can tell you a lie and spend all the time in the world to make it sound convincing and the only thing to stop them is you being smarter than them. You must break that hook yourself and only you can do it.

These people have scripts! I've seen them. They are scripted for many situations and adapt their scripts for the person they talk to. Their words will always sound convincing to someone who has more hope in their heart than sense in their head but you must keep your wits about you! Look at the facts, evaluate and keep perspective. They want your money and they don't care how heartbroken you will be after they get it! To protect from these illusions let me give you a simple rule:

Do not give money to a person who you have not already met in person. No exceptions!

Forget what they say. It may sound beautiful and convincing but all good lies are. That's what makes them work for short times. Break this delusion in your head. If you want to trust someone- do so over time. Time is the revealer of truth. What you are seeing here is someone got a hook into your naivety and are trying to pull on your nice strings to get money. It's a rush job. It doesn't matter if you've been chatting with them for what you think is too long to be fake- gain perspective! Lies take months, even years to fall apart on their own. It takes a clever eye to spot them solo. But I'm telling you from hard experience, this is a scam!

To help convince you further- If anyone has credit card or theft issues while on some trip... the local authorities, the credit card companies, the locals... there will be someone there to help her if it were real. No real person will ask a online chat buddy they only recently met for money. FORGET THE WORD "HELP" when meeting people ONLINE. I'm sorry it sounds heartless but if your heart is too easily manipulated, you will meet greater pain in life than the guilt you think you will have for not helping strangers.

Please listen to my words and know they are for your protection and education. Any deviation from this advice will subject you to fault of your own doing. Remember, ignorance and naivete will not keep your hand from burning when you stick it into a fire.

And then you write

So you are implying two contradictory things. When you say most people don't become Christian by choice you appear to imply that Christianity is unfounded; yet you yourself admitted to be Christian by choice. Are you saying that

1. Christianity is, indeed, the valid choice, but the fact that there are so few "true Christians" is what keeps people from making it

OR

2. You chose some version non-standard form of Christianity. For example, there are some people (Jehovah Wittnesses and Christodephians) that reject deity of Christ, there are some sects that reject Paul's books, and so forth?

What are your actual beliefs?

Excellent question Vanadium. I'll keep the answer simple since you seem to have a keen grasp already.

I meant the former. I believe that ascending into an adult life one must decide for one's self what they believe and why. It is noble to carry the traditional beliefs taught to you by your family but for most people, they do this because it's the easiest, laziest way to walk around thinking they know the cosmos, the universe, past and future... because their parents told them so. It's funny how people easily follow the generational religions thinking they were fortunate enough to be born into "the real religion."

I will not be so bold to claim that "Christianity is, indeed, the valid choice" because to do so is not my place. This is a public forum and such statements would actually be unbiblical in that situation. It would also be false coming from someone as studied as myself. I will not make that statement even though I am Christian.

I will agree with the second part of that #1 choice of yours in that there are few "true Christians" and yes, the biggest enemy to the kingdom of the Christian God is in fact the people who falsely profess His name in ignorance. The Bible has plenty of references to show that there is such a thing as someone who claims to believe but doesn't grasp the gravity.

As far as my actual beliefs and any other reference to this conversation- please, feel welcome to send me a private message. I feel like you may be capable of carrying on such a conversation respectably if you wish. I'm always glad to have a deep chat with a sharp mind.

Here is one more tip: just copy any sentence of what she has written you, put it on google, and you will find that its a copy of something some other scammer has written. Here are just a couple of findings it took me a minute to discover:

2:21AM

You are really amazing.Inside of me there is a place where my sweetest dreams reside, where my highest hopes are kept alive, where my deepest feelings are felt and where my favorite memories are safe and warm. I find out that you're on my mind more often than any other thought. Sometimes I bring you there purposely just to make my day brighter. But more often you surprise me and find your own ways into my thoughts.There are even times when I awaken, I realize that you've been a part of my dreams. Then during the day, when my imagination is free to run, it takes me into your arms and allows me to linger there knowing there's nothing I'd rather do. I know my thoughts are only reflecting the loving hopes of my heart because whenever they wander,they always take me to you

You can find the above quote word for word on the following link: http://www.stop-scammers.com/letter.asp?id=9234

And the thing about losing her ticket is also cut and paste. Let me show you:

4:03PM

how was your day today. mine was such a terrible one and that was why i couldn't get back to you on time. i couldn't book my flight back home due to no fault of mine. what really happened was when my credit card was accessed by the airline agent here to effect payment to procure my flight it was denied on the account of lack of funds in the card!naturally, i was surprised as i knew that a'int true cos i loaded the card full of money as i knew i was gonna make an oversea travel, so i called the credit card company demanding to know whats up with my money, home only to be told that i made some purchases at ebay. Ebay!certainly not me. i was then told that my credit card has been hacked by unknown thief. i was promised full investigation on the matter and if the company is found to be culpable they will be liable to refund my money. but this can only commence whenever i return back home,also my Bank account has been blocked because it was also been penetrated into but i was promised to be reactivated and refunded 2days after my arrival and get in contact with them. worst case scenario, i am cash trapped at the moment as i have already given the airline agent part of the money for the flight ticket, settled my hotel bills, all these left me depleted. I feel so terrible about all these, i mean, being the first time we met i have to make this request of you. i've got around $850 balance am still going to give the airline agent so as to complete my booking a flight back home. can you please help out here? if only you could raise $1000 for me today and send it to where i am i will be able to get back home by the next flight. fear not, i will refund back every dime once am home and got my credit card reactivated, which wouldn't take more than 2days.i really most get out of here.... am getting to be scared! it ain't everyday one gets to meet some nice guy like you, if you could be able to send down the money, i will forever be indebted to you for life. I am so disappointed in myself right now.I would have bought a return ticket but i think the country Policy does not allow a E-Ticket.I hope to hear from you soon

Now go here https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74307 and find the exact message verbatim except for different name of the one its been sent to.

Incidentally, one of her earlier messages, the one with a phrase "sorry to hear about your past relationship" was also copied from that same link.

Last edited:
As far as my actual beliefs and any other reference to this conversation- please, feel welcome to send me a private message. I feel like you may be capable of carrying on such a conversation respectably if you wish. I'm always glad to have a deep chat with a sharp mind.

Okay I just sent you the PM as you asked

In this case, very easily, because she does EXACTLY what other scammers do. They all mention WEST AFRICA for some reason, they all mention how they travel abroad, they all claim to fall in love very quickly, they all make up some tragedies and so forth. The fact that there are a A LOT of people that do EXACTLY what she does is what makes it so easy to tell.

Yes, it's almost as though they are all reading from a script. The ones who tried to scam me would tend to say the same, or similar, things. For example, they would claim that age was no real issue in a serious relationship, even if the gap was something like 25 years, and their insistence that they despise dishonesty and were looking for someone who is open and honest with them (they say this in order to encourage their victims to lower their guard - it NEVER worked with me though). A few of them even told me they had met me in dreams they had recently had, even though they had no idea what I even looked like because I had sent them no pictures attached to any of my emails.

Eventually the issue of money would come up. It always comes up, eventually. They would first claim they would soon be on holiday, or were sent by the company they worked for on an all-expenses paid official trip to Australia, but strangely enough they would run into financial trouble, and wind up with not enough cash to actually pay for the trip (just one of the many inconsistencies that would stand out - do these idiots really think they can deceive Aspies, the very people who take logic and the noticing of obscure and hard-to-spot detail to an art-form?).

Yes, it's almost as though they are all reading from a script.

Yeah I have noticed that too. Do you happen to have any theories as to WHY they do it? I mean WHY would cutting and pasting something be more effective than making something up? And WHY would mentioning South Africa be effective if South Africa is precisely what raizes flags in most people's minds? It almost sounds like they aren't just worried about the strategy of getting more money but rather about following a SUB-CULTURE, so they have to adhere to norms of their subculture. Does it ever seem to you that way?

hi, i don't think we have met before i saw your profile while trying to search for an old school friend who coincidentally share the the same first name with you!!can you tell me a little more about you then it'll be my turn, take care.

THU 3:02PM
well i went to Parkersburg High School,wood county wv,I\ class 2012 Im name is Zachary T Manning I like to run outside a bit play video games Ive lived in cabell county most of my life

How are you doing?,as for me am cool and lonely and i'm new to this site and am 25 years old. Well more about me I am single never married with no kids and currently seeking for a relationship but not rushing myself.I`m a model by work i'm 5`7" 134, with a athletic build, physically fit,warm,caring, honest, good listening, and a positive. Am right now in Istanbul Turkey on a Modeling Seminar and will be back home hopefully in 3 days time.time. I've got a great sense of humor.I work hard,and know how to have fun. I am real easy person to talk to and a good listener. I love going to the movies,I like swimming, fishing, listening to music and dancing,going bowling and also a good cook. I will like to know about what makes you the special person you are today,what are goals,what do you do for fun and tell me about your background?I dont wanna be too inquisitive so i'll stop here talk to you latter and hope to hear back from you soon

THU 6:31PM
Well you see I have aspergers and still live with my parents for now I intend to start college soon I do intend to live on my evenuatlly im 22 be 23 in a week or two, like i said before I like running and might want to be a personal trainer one day, I also like walking and exploring new places,I also think its cool you have gone to other countries i have never been out side of the us before,as for college i hope to start soon retake my act and try this fall or next

FRI 2:36AM

Hi, how are you doing thanks for the message, I like what you have to say about yourself. So tell me what do you think of relationships? i really want to more know about your past relationship. have you ever met anyone off the internet? What was it like? well i have a diverse background too, my Dad from Australia while my mom from united state,I'm the only child of my parent,I grew up mainly in Australia my Dad passed on, Mother had to remarry. too bad she married the wrong guy! My step-father is a drunkard and i suspect he uses drugs also. Twice he attempted to rape me, thanks heaven he did not succeed! when i told mother about it, she didn't believe me and both of them started intimidating me in the house. so I came down to united state cos i had a job offer, more so to stay with my ground ma before she passed away late last year so ever since then i live alone.Am not much party like my career takes the better part of my time and life. my goals and dreams is to have a successful career and to live a good life,and maybe meet someone that believes in unconditional love, someone who know the true meaning of what we call a Family, its really something i have always dreamt of and I'm really working hard towards that direction. hope to hear back from you soon.

FRI 5:05AM
I never been in a realationship before, im sorry about what happeaned to u, both my parents divocred and remarried, my step parents are good people, both of my step parents had 2 kids each along with my 3 biological siblings,so i have so seven siblings, two have childern of there own,i was around my grand parents alot both mom and dads, i even knew my great grand parents on my of my grand father on my dads side, my great grand father died when i was 8 he was either in his late 80s or early 90s, my great grand mother died when i was 14, sweet lady i do miss her shE was 94, i miss here that was in 07, My moms dad also died that year i miss him alot to, he smoked his whole life or a least as far as i knew had a stroke and died 7 months later, it was awful,i still miss, I my self im not a partier my self but i would like to try new and different things, ive always like the sound of uncondicational love, love someone for who theay are,as for realation ships i alwaYS want to have one eventually, you see i dont really have a job yet or a divers license,thats something i intend to change, i get money by do work around then house chores basically,if you need more info or detailed info let me know here some links to sites about aspergers if you want to know more or just ask me

This woman is CLEARLY a scammer! Isn't it strange that you told her early on that you have Asperger's, but in her response she didn't seem at all interested? The same thing happened to me more than once.

My advice? RUN! As fast as you can away from this low-life.

Yeah I have noticed that too. Do you happen to have any theories as to WHY they do it? I mean WHY would cutting and pasting something be more effective than making something up? And WHY would mentioning South Africa be effective if South Africa is precisely what raizes flags in most people's minds? It almost sounds like they aren't just worried about the strategy of getting more money but rather about following a SUB-CULTURE, so they have to adhere to norms of their subculture. Does it ever seem to you that way?

Ah, yes, I'm glad you asked. I believe the primary reason is that it is much easier to keep the story they are spinning concise, consistent and therefore more convincing to the victim. You see, when people tell deliberate lies they are effectively creating in their minds at least two versions of reality - that which really is true and the fantasy, and it is quite easy (easier than many people would expect) to get the two versions of reality confused, and this increases the risk of detection. By using a script, and following it, they lessen the chance of inadvertent mistakes, plus if any problems arise and the person they are trying to swindle gets suspicious, the others in the group (and as I understand it, many of them work in teams, much like telemarketers in India) can help them out (ex. by pretending to be their "friends" in photos sent to you to "prove" their version to be the true one, and that your worries are unfounded).

Ah, yes, I'm glad you asked. I believe the primary reason is that it is much easier to keep the story they are spinning concise, consistent and therefore more convincing to the victim. You see, when people tell deliberate lies they are effectively creating in their minds at least two versions of reality - that which really is true and the fantasy, and it is quite easy (easier than many people would expect) to get the two versions of reality confused, and this increases the risk of detection. By using a script, and following it, they lessen the chance of inadvertent mistakes, plus if any problems arise and the person they are trying to swindle gets suspicious, the others in the group (and as I understand it, many of them work in teams, much like telemarketers in India) can help them out (ex. by pretending to be their "friends" in photos sent to you to "prove" their version to be the true one, and that your worries are unfounded).

To me it seems like cut and paste technique only makes it harder. Like suppose in order to adjust to a particular person you need to cut and paste from two different sources. In this case those two stories you are pasting together might not match. But if you are making something up yourself then yes everything will match. And, as far as keeping fantasy separate from reality its easy: like I am a physicist and I make few different physics theories, all fantasy, and I keep each theory self consistent and I don't confuse them. Now I realize for others it can be harder since their IQ is a lot lower than mine. But still, matching up different pieces you cut and paste is a lot harder than just making things up yourself, so I still don't see how this tactic helps them.

I thought about this. You would think that the script thing would be too hard to predict people. Like trying to program a conversation generator. But no...

The sad sad truth is that the scripts work brilliantly because we young men are often easily baited with only a small variation of archetypes. I experienced one scam girl and I could already tell something was fishy because of just how heartfelt her responses were. It was too good to be real. And what's worse is the keen eye to detect this is scorned as jaded cynicism. She used the "scam the christian guy" script which included lots of basic phrases that just proved her love for God and crap like that. Like I said before though, words are cheap and easy to throw around. We have become weak in mind and young men are easily manipulated because of how predictable our desires are and how gullible we are to the typed word. This internet is still new to our lifetime and we have grown proverbially fat on it's sweet luxuries and because of this, we cannot recognize devious people like we should.

No, we are easily fooled. We are easily categorized and scripts exist that are meant to draw us in. They are deep enough to make us question ourselves, question our peers' advice. It targets our good nature or our primal desires and keeps our eyes focused on what we want to hear most. Our greatest strengths are turned against us because we do not know the meaning of self denial. Men are far more simple minded than women and what's more, we expect our enemies to come at us directly with fists and swords bared. History shows us that even the most powerful men can be swayed by the lure of a woman. Now... it's just more pathetic because of the shear existence of these scripts! Men, we are easily discovered and easily lured! We cannot change the devious nature of the world but we can learn to be smarter, stronger and stand longer against these deceptions! Time will tell all lies. Perspective will shine light on the evidence of deceit.

Women, this does apply to you as well. There are male archetypes that lure young women into moral compromise just the same. It takes a sharp mind and the ability to endure the hate thrown at us from those who want what's not theirs!

I thought about this. You would think that the script thing would be too hard to predict people. Like trying to program a conversation generator.

Incidentally, conversation generator might be the logical answer to my question: if it is the machine rather than the person that sends out scam letters, the increased speed of letters (like 100 letters a second) can compensate for lesser probability of success of each letter due to factual mismatches. I did notice that when I register for things, I am asked to click on a box that I am not a robot. So could it be that they have actually designed robots that would register for things and send out scam letters? Do you think the "girl" he was talking to is also a robot?

We have become weak in mind and young men are easily manipulated because of how predictable our desires are and how gullible we are to the typed word.

You used the word "desires" but I was talking about facts, such as logical mismatch between different places that cut and paste is being taken from.

Or are you saying that most people don't look at logical consistency between passages and instead look at each passage individually to see how well it matches their desires? Like for example I once told Dana how I was "enraged" that Hannah acted a certain way; but then Dana decided that I was enraged at her -- Dana -- and not at Hannah! In other words, she took the word enraged out of context. So maybe the way people process information is that they have this word count in their heads and they don't care about the way the words fit together they just count words, like she looked at the word enraged and forgot when I used it.

So if most people have simple word counts in their heads then yes, sending them cuts and pastes would in fact work: after all logical consistency between passages is irrelevent when it comes to counting the total number of times certain word is being used? Perhaps THATS how those machines operate? They just know the proportion of time a certain word is to be used, then it can count the number of times it was used in past passages, and then select another passage in a way that would bring the frequency of a word to a certain ratio? And logical consistency and inconsistency is besides a point since no one is paying attention anyway?

Women, this does apply to you as well. There are male archetypes that lure young women into moral compromise just the same.It takes a sharp mind and the ability to endure the hate thrown at us from those who want what's not theirs!

I actually read statistics that 70% of scam victims are female. Which makes it sad: women reject aspies who would never do anything wrong, and then they fall for criminals.

Yeah I just counted the number of friends. The number of ALL friends is 29, and the number of "recently added" ones is also 29. This implies that few days ago she had 29-29=0 friends. In other words, her profile is very recent. Probably she just created one for the scam.

On the other hand, when I go to her friends profiles, they have only one or two recently added friends and the rest of their friends are much older. So this implies that people on her friend list are probably legit. In other words, they are her victims, she probably requested money from all of them.

I just counted the number of friends again: now its only 13. So I am guessing at least 16 men (and yes her friends are all men) unfriended her because they figured out she is a scammer. It could, of course, be more than 16 -- if there were any "new" men she added to compensate for the ones she lost (and I didn't copy the list of her then-friends so I have no idea whether that took place). But in any case, 16 is still a significant number. I am wondering what happens to those 13 that are still on her friend list? Maybe they are still being fulled and send her more and more money? Or maybe they stopped talking to her, but didn't bother unfriending her?

In any case, I tried to add her myself for entertainment purposes, but she didn't accept my friend request.And now when I look at the profile the bottom "add friend" has disappeared. Which leads me to a more general question: when "add friend" disappears, does it mean the person changed their setting for everyone, or does it mean they blocked friend requests specifically from me? But in any case, I am not sure why scammer didn't want to add me; I never told her that I knew she was a scammer, so why didn't she hope to fool me? Or maybe scammers have ways of figuring out when their targets are in fact fools and when they are just trying to mess around with them? Who knows.

New Threads

Top Bottom