• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gunzelling...

s3_gunzel

Keep on training, Sydney.
V.I.P Member
The word gunzel originated from the Sydney Tramway Museum in the 1960s as a term for foolish or reckless railfans who shot at things with cameras. Usage was originally confined to south eastern states, it has since spread to the whole of Australia and parts of New Zealand. May be used to refer to a specific interest, e.g. "freight gunzel", "tram gunzel". In Australia, a railway enthusiast. Originally derogatory, referring to overly enthusiastic or foolish rail fans. Now refers to railway enthusiasts in general, and the term is often used with pride.

Yeah, so I go trainspotting a lot. I suppose I should, therefore, open a thread to pop the photos in.

Sat 23/5/2015:
A trip to Nowra and Kiama (and Otford/Shellharbour Junction/Bombo/North Wollongong).

OEfRUQz.jpg

3237 passing Kiama number 2; Tender first - 17:38

CJzPoWN.jpg

Trainlink OSCar set H22 arriving at Coniston - 19:29

1fJ7b5e.jpg

3237 passing Otford - 21:05.

New Threads

Top Bottom