• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Guilty pleasure TV series.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I will admit that I get a kick out of watching Hoarders, even though I know the purpose of that show is for the audience to point at the people living freakish lives and silently judge them.

What is your guilty pleasure TV series?

I have watched a lot of Hoarding: Buried Alive.
I am interested in how the people came to be how they are,
and whether they can work through it to be more functional.
I enjoy some of the psychologists on that show.

I have seen Hoarders, but it seems shallow, mostly
*OMG look how messed up these people are/it's hopeless.*

Body Bizarre.
I like that the theme is hope.

Peppa Pig.
I like when everybody falls on their backs and laughs.

Law & Order: Special Victims

Criminal Minds
aka Scooby Doo for grownups
Features what's-his-name the Guy Who Never Smiles, so stern.

I have these things on frequently while I am eating.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Squidbillies
Harvey Birdman
Sifl & Olly
Beavis & Butthead
Spongebob (first 3 or so seasons)

I'm real classy, if you couldn't already tell

Last edited:
I don’t think of any shows as guilty pleasure since it dousn’t hurt anyone and why makes one show more worthy then anouther anyway? But in the vain of this conversation. Extreme cheepskates, obscure medical consign documentary’s, Tangled the Series, Ducktales, Sophia the First, and Catchphrase. I liked the kids shows because they are uncomplicated and make me happy. I also enjoy the familiarity of what I’ve see before.

A little Canadian series called "Corner Gas", lots of Canadian prairie fun in a sitcom

A little dose of "Seinfeld" sometimes

And "Antiques Roadshow", I just love collectables! Looking for that moment when someone inherited a painting worth $100K, or their $5 garage sale find worth $70K, and get envious for a mere moment, maybe some day (not likely :rolleyes: )

Watching "Deadwood" at the moment. Roy Rogers and Dale Evans would have had a coronary watching this. :eek:

I can watch and rewatch some older series like Criminal Minds,
Bones and Monk as fill ins most anytime I want something familiar.
Just finished watching an episode of Starman.
Want to finish watching the two seasons of it again.

A few of the current series I like are off right now. Waiting for their return
in the fall or beginning of next year.
Snowpiercer, The Good Doctor, Lebrea, The Blacklist, Superman and Lois.

I don't really believe in "guilty pleasures" but my comfort shows are Law and Order SVU and House I like puzzles and seeing things get solved. I also like toy unboxings, animal documentaries, and kids shows like sesame street or waffles + mochi when I'm too tired to think too much

I like cliche romantic dramas made for teenagers but i don't feel guilty for watching them.

I only watch Young Sheldon, and I watch it every day, so I've seen every episode at least ten times by now. :D

If I really want to feel better about my life or my maturity level, anything on MTV would do the trick.

I don't feel guilty but I like different stuff at different times, first week of my last cycle of icky medications now and I will be watching some Christmas romances they were showing throughout July and I recorded. Christmas in July! Why oh why? Quite fun though. They're all heterosexual and I am not, but they do sometimes have gay friends or even siblings my oh my. Good on inclusion of varied ethnicities in major roles though.

Also in these weeks I've been trying some Netflix, there's some good teen mystery /horror not too gory or over the top gory occasionally so it's funny. I don't continue with ones that are too dark.

Other times I like police drama series, crime solving, and films, mystery and magic themes are good too, including young adult or children's series or films.

I love Young Sheldon. Although I worry I sometimes relate to him. Not seen it all yet though.

Worry!? I relate to him in countless ways! It's the first time I've ever felt so completely validated. It's why I watch it every day and will for the rest of my life. 25 years of feeling like a freak and finally I'm recognized! Young Sheldon is a gift from God.

Worry!? I relate to him in countless ways! It's the first time I've ever felt so completely validated. It's why I watch it every day and will for the rest of my life. 25 years of feeling like a freak and finally I'm recognized! Young Sheldon is a gift from God.
Even if he didn’t grew up to be a big Sheldon.

I just started watching a Netflix series titled Tattoo Redo. A show about bad tattoos being covered up. It is so trashy yet so watchable at the same time.

Ghost Adventures. What Not to Wear. Unearthed. Ancient Discoveries. Engineering an Empire. Iron Chef America.

New Threads

Top Bottom