• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

GRUMPY CAT NEEDS HELP WITH COMPUTER!!!

Grumpy Cat

I have a Brother printer and my Dell laptop is saying that the printer is "offline". However, things still print to the printer from my iPhone. I ran something called the "WLAN" report and it is saying connection is ok. What do I do? I need to print things for my class. Can someone please help me in "NT English"?

And until problem is fixed, is there a way to send my reports, etc. to my phone to print? I'm using Word 2010.

You are printing via wireless?
I often have similar issues and I blame the router.
Try turning them all off - router, printer and laptop.
Turn them on router, then printer, then laptop.
If it's still not working, check they all connect to the same network. If you get desperate, print via usb cable.
Edit: Not sure this helps as I don't see how to print [You can download the free copy of Microsoft Word for iphone. With a free OneDrive or Dropbox account, you can share the file.]

Last edited:
You're welcome. It's guaranteed to stop working again just prior to your next assignment being due (it has a built in stress level detector), so keep the instructions :)

Could it be the connection between your laptop to your printer? So it is your laptop that is actually offline?

Save your document and send an email to yourself with the document download and then use your phone to print the document, as it will show up on your phone, via email.

Save your document and send an email to yourself with the document download and then use your phone to print the document, as it will show up on your phone, via email.
This is a useful tip, and worth remembering. It works well with IMAP, and is doable with POP3 if you're careful. However, a word of caution: Word files are somewhat prone to losing formatting and layout if opened in other applications, so it may not be a first choice option. If using this option, you could try saving as a pdf file first.

Could it be the connection between your laptop to your printer? So it is your laptop that is actually offline?

Yes, that did work so I had a backup plan. I actually copied the paper and then put it into an email - not saved it - and it printed.

With printers, sometimes they will, like your computer, go to sleep. Only thing to do at that point is recycle power on the printer.

New Threads

Top Bottom