• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings from Wanderland

NomadaStasia

Wanderlander
Hi everyone.

I'm excited to have found this community - I'll be turning 50 this year and was socialized on BBSs and in a Prodigy chat room in the 90's (as opposed to in school, like regular people) ... spent the decades traveling through the US and Europe, studying humans in the wild :) Currently grounded by burnout that I recently learned is a clever defense mechanism my autistic brain uses to keep me sane. I'm here because I am hoping to meet and connect with people who get it, because no one I meet IRL really does.

Random words: autodidact, polymath, analytical psychologist (and shameless Jungian), scientist and mystic (I do not feel the paradox), humanitarian, humanist, comedian and control freak ... I believe in Possibility

Welcome, NomadaStasia.

That is a very pretty Icon.
You've learned from living life. Not in an institute of higher knowledge or sociatal instructions.
All is possible. Imagine.

I like science, psychology and metaphysics, philosophy.
Never cared much for a "pair 'a docs" either. :p

Hi SusanLR - Thanks for the warm welcome! Your icon is gorgeous - I have a particular fondness for blue butterflies.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas with you - crrently pondering "every form of refuge has its price" - that is so true. <nods>

Welcome!

and was socialized on BBSs and in a Prodigy chat room in the 90's (as opposed to in school, like regular people)

This, I can sympathize with.

It's somehow just... easier, isnt it? To handle socializing and meeting people online? I'm younger than you are but I still experienced it similar to how you described it (though it was through AOL for me, usually).

Still how I feel to this day. This is easier.

scientist and mystic (I do not feel the paradox)

As you talk to people here, I think you'll find you're not the only one who falls into both of these categories at once. There's a few of us here.

welcome to af.png

I admit to being very much a home body. I've only been away from home for no more than two weeks, and then, it was always with family or trustworthy adults. (Scotland, the Grand Canyon, Four Corners region, and Cozumel in my teens for my open water scuba certification).

I'm more about the places, seeing what I can see, than the people. Travel is so atypical for me that my inner monologue goes quiet and I just absorb my surroundings. I watch and listen, and listen and watch, but don't really actively interact with those around me. (Sensory spoon rationing).

I like it because it is a unique experience, but I cannot do it very often.

Prodigy, now that's going way back. The infancy of the Internet.

Greetings. Yeah, Wanderlust is a thing. Amateur anthropology.

Welcome! Many idea lovers in this place. Please do elaborate on your readings and musings!

Ancient-wisdom miner here. If the author is so old that his/her remains are not only lost forever but their very existence (either in part or whole) can be called into question, well, bring it on. :-D

Welcome!

I understand that studing humans in the wild maybe related with "off the grid". In your picture (which is very nice) I see vanlife/buslife/trucklife.

I love the idea of traveling off the grid in a boxtruck converted to home. I would like to try the experience some time in the future.:)

New Threads

Top Bottom