• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gotham

Yes...the 1966 series. Pretty campy, but in the day it was fun...we kids ate it up. And then we saw the movie (Adam West, Burt Ward) as well...
Ah, okay. Yeah, sometimes I forget that you're close to my father's age! (No disrespect intended!)

Whenever I can catch an episode of that show, I do enjoy it, as silly as it is. And I'm pretty sure the film is the origin of the term "jumping the shark." :)

But now this means you definitely have to watch some B:TAS. Maybe I'll PM you some Gotham-relevant clips of Bullock.

But now this means you definitely have to watch some B:TAS. Maybe I'll PM you some Gotham-relevant clips of Bullock.

For some reason I'm very focused on Bullock. Police corruption is a very real thing, so it's not like he's any kind of caricature. A guy who is in- and outside the law depending on the circumstances.

And I'm wondering about Alfred....hope to see more of him.

For some reason I'm very focused on Bullock. Police corruption is a very real thing, so it's not like he's any kind of caricature. A guy who is in- and outside the law depending on the circumstances.

And I'm wondering about Alfred....hope to see more of him.
It's one reason why I love Bullock so much. His character is called into question sometimes, and the animated series didn't shy away from that.

I have no doubt we'll see more of Alfred given that Bruce is now determined to conquer his fear. (I love the actor who plays Bruce. He's performed well in a very tough role.)

I'm a huge fan of all eras of Batman and I was very impressed. Having the murder of the Waynes be Detective Gordon's first case was exactly what I was hoping for in terms of story, so that automatically gets the show a big thumbs up from me.

I love what they're doing with Harvey Bullock and the other cameos were great. Interestingly, the guy we saw in the pilot may not be the future Joker. The producer said they were going to put red herrings throughout the show to keep the audience guessing as to his identity. Considering his multiple-choice past and the fact that his real name has never been revealed in the comics, that makes perfect sense.

I've always said, Marvel makes better movies but DC does better television and this is one more feather in their cap. Bravo!

I'm a huge fan of all eras of Batman and I was very impressed. Having the murder of the Waynes be Detective Gordon's first case was exactly what I was hoping for in terms of story, so that automatically gets the show a big thumbs up from me.
I don't think it's his first case, but it's his first major case (and his first as a detective, since he's had the job for two weeks), and obviously it's meant to be a defining moment for him as a police officer and as a man in general. I've always said Jim Gordon is a hero in his own right and now he's really getting his due.

Interestingly, the guy we saw in the pilot may not be the future Joker. The producer said they were going to put red herrings throughout the show to keep the audience guessing as to his identity. Considering his multiple-choice past and the fact that his real name has never been revealed in the comics, that makes perfect sense.
Ah, is that so? Well, that does make a lot of sense. I don't think he even knows his real name anymore. Whoever he was before his creation is gone. (I still want to believe that was Joker, though---no matter how many times the show makes me second-guess myself. :grinning:)

Last edited:
The "Balloonman". That was uplifting! :eek:
Careful. He might come after you for that pun. But that was the best episode yet.

I should mention that The Dollmaker, who was behind the kidnapping of street children explored last week, is a villain introduced in the New 52. Regrettably, I don't know much about him aside from the fact that he literally took The Joker's face (for what purpose, I know not). I need to do some Wiki-browsing on that guy to see what he's been up to since his debut.

Among my favorite parts from last night: the sandwich scene. Oswald asked for tuna . . .

The "Balloonman". That was uplifting! :eek:

94941-monkey-sigh-rimshot-gif-drums-K5UJ.gif

New Threads

Top Bottom