• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gotham

Judge

V.I.P Member
Anyone see this? LOL..come on Ereth....surely you didn't miss it! It's about the era of the city that preceded the caped crusader. Just when Bruce Wayne's parents are murdered.

I was intrigued by how they portrayed future criminals we all know and love from Batman.

Anyone see this? LOL..come on Ereth....surely you didn't miss it! It's about the era of the city that preceded the caped crusader. Just when Bruce Wayne's parents are murdered.

I was intrigued by how they portrayed future criminals we all know and love from Batman.
Of course I didn't! It was fantastic. :)

Of course I didn't! It was fantastic. :)

I liked it. Certainly enough to watch regularly. It's a different vibe without a superhero, but we may be privy to seeing the origins of some very popular future mega-villians. I think I counted at least four in the season opener.

I liked it. Certainly enough to watch regularly. It's a different vibe without a superhero, but we may be privy to seeing the origins of some very popular future villians. I think I counted at least four in the season opener.
Without a superhero? Jim Gordon is the superhero in this one! He just doesn't have powers or a cape.

And we've met with
Catwoman, The Riddler, The Penguin, Poison Ivy, Carmine Falcone, and The Joker.

Without a superhero? Jim Gordon is the superhero in this one! He just doesn't have powers or a cape.

I'm fascinated with Gordon's police partner. That can't last! Donal Logue is playing a character about as shady as King Horick in "Vikings". :cool:

Looks like I'll have to see the first show again and see the bad guys I missed.

I'm fascinated with Gordon's police partner. That can't last! Donal Logue is playing a character about as shady as King Horick in "Vikings". :cool:
You mean Harvey Bullock? He's a classic! Go watch some Batman: The Animated Series and you'll see what I mean. And they added in Renee Montoya too! I'm so happy.

I'm hoping they'll really show Jim helping Harvey clean up his act.

You mean Harvey Bullock? He's a classic! Go watch some Batman: The Animated Series and you'll see what I mean. And they added in Renee Montoya too! I'm so happy.

I'm hoping they'll really show Jim helping Harvey clean up his act.

My knowledge of Batman is pretty thin...especially where the original comic book is concerned. But for two short years the neighborhood went silent when we all watched Batman.

And the Monkees in primetime. :p

Wow, a reformed Harvey Bullock? At least he's not Harvey Dent!

My knowledge of Batman is pretty thin...especially where the original comic book is concerned. But for two short years the neighborhood went silent when we all watched Batman.
Haha. Only two? The original show ran for three years, and then it was followed up with The New Batman Adventures in '97.

But yeah, it's part of Bullock's story that he is . . . not the best example of a police officer sometimes. But he does have good in him, as I'm sure you saw. Jim just needs to purge the department of corrupt influences.

Don't be mean to Harvey Dent . . . he just got messed up. :(

I like the Nixxon era batman vs superman animated movie, superman is basically a puppet of the president because he is hyper patriotic, he has no problem taking out out who he is told to ect, and batman ends up fighting him because the batman believes freedom is important, so cryptonite and battle suits and lots of good action in a real brains vs brawn throwdown.

I checked it out and wasn't really sure what to expect. I suppose I like the Batman-verse for the outageous villains mostly, and those aren't present. So it felt a bit like a mixed bag to check it out. I never cared much for Jim Gordon, nor Batman itself actually. But hey, it's worth a shot, I can spare an hour of my time, heh.

Yet, I will say that I was enjoying it. The yet to become villains portrayed in the show didn't feel forced, it didn't feel much like something in the Batman-verse on the surface. And maybe that's a good thing. It might be there's an appeal in it just being a cop show with subtle hints sprinkled in, and I'm a bit of a sucker for allusions in popculture in general anyway.

So I'll probably keep this show on my "to watch list" weekly for now. (Maybe also because there's plenty of stuff I don't care about that much at the moment in terms of shows. Arrow, another DC-universe show, isn't starting for another few weeks if I'm correct)

I checked it out and wasn't really sure what to expect. I suppose I like the Batman-verse for the outrageous villains mostly, and those aren't present.
It's not clear to me whether you've actually seen the pilot, but I don't think you'll be disappointed. The villains---or future villains, in some cases---are not to be underestimated. Don't let the lack of flamboyance ruin it for you.

And I think it's worth noting that the GCPD as a whole is as much an enemy to the city as any of the future "supers."

It's not clear to me whether you've actually seen the pilot, but I don't think you'll be disappointed. The villains---or future villains, in some cases---are not to be underestimated.

And I think it's worth noting that the GCPD as a whole is as much an enemy to the city as any of the future "supers."

I've seen it

I wasn't disappointed, though perhaps I didn't go in with any expectations either, that sort of thing prevents one from being disappointed, hah

Anyway, I was thinking about it and here are some more things I want to see:

Blackgate Prison and Arkham Asylum.

Some more character cameos/references, though obviously not all at once. (Harley, please! :))

I've also found out that Fish Mooney is a creation of the show---I thought she was new, but wasn't sure.

And I forgot to mention that Warren White is in her crew. He becomes The Great White Shark.

Anyway, I was thinking about it and here are some more things I want to see:

Blackgate Prison and Arkham Asylum.

Some more character cameos/references, though obviously not all at once. (Harley, please! :))

Ugh Harley, she was supposed to be a psychologist and it took the joker all of 5 minutes to manipulate and corrupt her to his insanity!

Ugh Harley, she was supposed to be a psychologist and it took the joker all of 5 minutes to manipulate and corrupt her to his insanity!
It's true that she was swayed rather quickly in her original origin story, Mad Love, but she's not stupid (and never has been). Really, the reason it happens so quickly in that short comic is for punch and pacing. And with the New 52, she's been made over into a proper psychologist who rightfully earns her degree and stands up to The Joker when he pulls a knife on her in their first session. (I have mixed feelings about that change, but I won't derail the thread.)

Anybody who wants to talk Harley with me can PM me. Let's save this thread for Gotham discussion, yes?

Haha. Only two? The original show ran for three years, and then it was followed up with The New Batman Adventures in '97.

Three years. I stand corrected. We have a "nostalgia" channel on our cable system that still runs the "Batman" series with Adam West. Never saw the other 97 series.

Three years. I stand corrected. We have a "nostalgia" channel on our cable system that still runs the "Batman" series with Adam West. Never saw the other 97 series.
Sometimes I forget about our gap in age . . . Is Adam West's Batman series the one you meant? I didn't grow up with it, and still have to see it in its entirety. But I grew up with the animated series (which is much, much darker and more serious).

Sometimes I forget about our gap in age . . . Is Adam West's Batman series the one you meant? I didn't grow up with it, and still have to see it in its entirety. But I grew up with the animated series (which is much, much darker and more serious).

Yes...the 1966 series. Pretty campy, but in the day it was fun...we kids ate it up. And then we saw the movie (Adam West, Burt Ward) as well...

So many media fads back then. Batman, James Bond, the Monkees....it was like candy.

But as an adult I loved what Burton and Nolan did with it....

New Threads

Top Bottom