• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Google glass for autism.

I think it could help but, it's going to need a lot of fine tuning and, it should be done by multiple programmers, preferably those experienced with HD animation and voice who have to get computers to display complex emotions and, get those emotions depicted properly on an animated face.

Some expressions look very similar to others, a sideways grimace of mild disgust might look the same as one of irony or a slight smile, or an expression of thinking something was expected but stupid. There are differences, I'm sure, but reading that without hearing what the person says is impossible for me. If Google Glass can't hear, then it would need to read expressions far better than that.

I don't know why but it seems like the exact type of thing that would make people pick on us. In my opinion, as long as society is open minded enough this is a spectacular idea which can be executed about as perfectly as the devs desire.

I think it would be good to use temporally as a training tool, but not permanently. Maybe permanent for someone more severe.

Adaptive technology I think is a good thing, but some people won't be able to afford it. I'd rather build a society where it wasn't necessary.

Adaptive technology I think is a good thing, but some people won't be able to afford it. I'd rather build a society where it wasn't necessary.
I think that would be hard, but I'd like to build a society when the needy are given technology or free.

New Threads

Top Bottom