• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good things come in small packages: The Chihuahua

My story is a little less wild, but my tiny girl scooted under an electric fence to go after a cow. Tricky to get her back, but eventually the cow retreated and, her job done, she finally came back

A cow :) lol I just love small dogs. You have to admire the bravery and attitude. They don't back down and they don't quit. But I really would like to know what they are thinking when they see a cow or any large animal and run after it. What's the plan? Take it down and feast on it? :)

A cow :) lol I just love small dogs. You have to admire the bravery and attitude. They don't back down and they don't quit. But I really would like to know what they are thinking when they see a cow or any large animal and run after it. What's the plan? Take it down and feast on it? :)

I think it's more a fight or flight thing. And to small dogs, Chis in particular everything is a fight or flight situation. And to make up for their small size and practically useless weaponry they have adopted a psychological tactic, that is instantly go all out maniacally agressive whack job who apparently doesn't care if they die. Now if it doesn't work their small size allows them to hide in or under things bigger dogs can't reach.

As an example here is an 18 year old toothless Chihuahua that charges a Coyote 2-3 times and then correctly assessing the situation shelters under the shed until reinforcements arrive.

34erdf.jpg

She knew that a road trip was about to begin, and she sat by that car for over an hour while I packed up, determined that I would not leave without her.

1657850495757.jpeg

Of course I would not leave you, baby girl.

A simple “winner” reaction wasn’t enough. I had to emphasize how amazing that video and that story is to me. The dog pack, no matter how tiny is a wonderful thing. You have really brought a smile to my face thinking about this today.

It did the same for me. I guess they accomplished a lot today :)

Our little chihuahua would only eat small milkbones, or cat food. I tried so many dried foods, then l just gave up. However the chicken jerky for dogs was a giant hit, so that was the go-to. This was what our little guy looked like. We named him Obie.

Attachments

• OIP.jpeg-5.jpg
    OIP.jpeg-5.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 22
Our little chihuahua would only eat small milkbones, or cat food. I tried so many dried foods, then l just gave up. However the chicken jerky for dogs was a giant hit, so that was the go-to. This was what our little guy looked like. We named him Obie.

He is so cute. The only reason my house isn't filled with chihuahuas is an incredible amount of self-control.

New Threads

Top Bottom