• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good QUOTES

“Occasionally he stumbled over the truth but he always picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened” - Winston Churchill

"He is a lover of his country who rebukes and does not excuse its sins."

Frederick Douglass

"So he left the path for a shortcut across a field.
And the moon went with him."

"But he didn't seem to be getting anywhere on the long straight path.
So he left the path for a shortcut across a field.
And the moon went with him.
The shortcut led right to where Harold thought a forest ought to be."

"We are all poor because we are all honest. "
-Red Dog, Oglala Lakota (Sioux)

Nature’s first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf’s a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

~R. Frost

“Forget safety.
Live where you fear to live.
Destroy your reputation.
Be notorious.”

~Rumi

I also like the quote in my signature
The quote is really cool (almost makes me want to write a story with this as the prompt), but who is Rumi? Genuinely curious, cause I'd like to read about the author of the quote.

"Joy lives in the fight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself."

- Mahatma Gandhi

"Talking with you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out of body experience." - Bill Watterson.

Finally found a quote I like. Calvin and Hobbes is awesome.

"To forget how to dig the earth and tend the soil is to forget ourselves." answer: Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited:
Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.

Pop Paul VI

“Whether or not you find your own way,
you're bound to find some way.
If you happen to find my way, please return it..."

Phantomtollbooth.png

Last edited:
Won't you help me, Mr. Jesus,
Won't you tell me if you can,
When you see this world we live in,
Do we still believe in men?

edit: Black Sabbath "Thrill of it All"

Last edited:
Here in the garden - we know not what we do. Live to lay in pastures of fear. Left to die - guilty of nothing. If we were promised heaven, then why are we in hell?

"I have done a thousand dreadful things as willingly as one would kill a fly, and nothing grieves me heartily indeed but that I cannot do ten thousand more."
~Titus Andronicus, act V scene i

“Harry Potter is about confronting fears,
finding inner strength and doing what is right
in the face of adversity.
Twilight is about how important it is
to have a boyfriend.”

Frequently attributed to Stephen King,
this is a quote from Andrew Futral who
was quoting Robin M. Browne, at the time.

Badass Quote: Andy Futral/Robin Browne on ‘Harry Potter’ vs. ‘Twilight’ <sup>[updated]</sup> | Preliator pro Causa
Did Stephen King Really Say that on Twilight?
A fine summary : funny (3 years down in this reddit thread Futral credits Brown)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom