• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good morning to all.

Vix05119

Hi, I am new to the group. I am the mother of an 8 yr old boy recently diagnosed with adhd and aspergers. I've been doing my own searches for information about everything and I find a lot of medical and professional speak not just layman's terms..I'm a little overwhelmed trying to figure it all out. I'm hoping by meeting new people I can understand more and help my son better.

Welcome to our little corner of the 'net :)

I thank you for wanting to learn for your son.
Not all that are a part of this forum are in the spectrum and you should find the members both friendly and helpful along with a fair amount of resources to help him navigate his road.

Thanks for the welcome. I really am trying to learn for his sake..We finally just had his psych eval done on the 20th of this month so ever since then I made Google my new best friend..I can say it kind people who are old fashioned have very little concept of what this is and it's very frustrating when your told he's just walking all over you..u just need to discipline him there isn't anything wrong with him he's just taking advantage of you..that's why I also wanted to find some place where people understand.

Thanks rocco, I also have a 14 yr old daughter with different mental health issues..I try my best to self educate myself and have patience to figure out what works best for my kids..it's a challenge lots of days so the better I understand things the better I'll be able to help him be successful.

Hi, I am new to the group. I am the mother of an 8 yr old boy recently diagnosed with adhd and aspergers. I've been doing my own searches for information about everything and I find a lot of medical and professional speak not just layman's terms..I'm a little overwhelmed trying to figure it all out. I'm hoping by meeting new people I can understand more and help my son better.

Welcome to AC. For what it's worth, quite frankly I've learned far more here from my peers than I ever did from dry, clinical medical professional websites. Hopefully you'll have a similar experience.

New Threads

Top Bottom