• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Girls are really nice

BongoMan

I think as an autistic person, they are very sweet and friendly to me. I love being a gentleman to them, I always hold the door and let them go first. Just a random thought I had.

This is a lovely post. There are the few that don't like chivalry, and they are very vocal about it. But the majority of girls and women really appreciate an old fashioned gentleman. I'm glad to see a teenager on the right path.

This is a lovely post. There are the few that don't like chivalry, and they are very vocal about it. But the majority of girls and women really appreciate an old fashioned gentleman. I'm glad to see a teenager on the right path.
Sometimes I do feel strange being chivalrous to women, cause usually confident guys do that.

You are great! At your age I thought girls only were attracted to guys who were jerks. Now I recognize that, unlike you, I never worked to give them a choice, as you are doing.

Plus if you are a gentlemen, *girls* let down their guard, and you sorta can see their true personality.
But you will meet many more young woman if you are chivalrous. Some may try to take advantage, so you should have boundaries firmly in place to protect yourself.

Last edited:
Some guys were real jerks to me when I was your age (still are sometimes!)
It's very nice that you show honest respect for women. More teenage boys, and some adult men, need to take a page out of your book lol. Some of us on here have been very mistreated by men.

I agree with Aspychata though, make sure you set boundaries. Men can get taken advantage of and be victims of abuse and domestic violence too!

Couples are only nice to me and I am sick of it. I was polite to one single girl at Church and she would not give me the time of day at the group or at Church even after I left that life group because another older woman who swears.

Being nice to others and smiling can often bring out reciprocating kindness from others, regardless of gender :)

This, for my vote. It's great when anyone, whatever gender, holds open the door for me, and likewise, I am happy to hold it open for any gender, and also for children - which the students I taught found remarkable.

But I don't hold the door open for anyone who acts entitled - whatever the gender or age! ;)

Genuine smiles are great, and your radar will learn when that's a good idea and when it's not.

Couples are only nice to me and I am sick of it. I was polite to one single girl at Church and she would not give me the time of day at the group or at Church even after I left that life group because another older woman who swears.

I will be totally honest and tell you that I would not want to be friends with someone with that kind of attitude to other people and the world. I've bitten my lip many times when reading your posts, but now I'm going to say something.

As @Yeshuasdaughter said - women don't go to church in order to be hit upon. And I will say: Being polite to someone doesn't entitle you to their time of day or goodwill or anything else. It's just a fundamental human responsibility. You don't do it to get something off other people, you do it because it's the right thing to do. I am unsurprised that you are being avoided, IRL and also here.

The way you talk about couples smacks of bitterness and envy. Have you ever been happy for someone else when they had something good you didn't? Think about that. Because if you can't be happy for other people to have good things, even if you don't have them, you are going to rightly repel other people and you're going to be an unending source of your own misery and karma.

And so you left your church group because of another older woman who swears. Are you perfect? And do you ever read the Sermon on the Mount, which talks about the subject of stone-throwing and hypocrisy at length, and to love thy neighbour as yourself, and to forgive others, and to give from your heart not expecting to be repaid in kind, and other incredibly useful things like this? Because that's about human decency and generosity, not external shows of morality and I-scratched-your-back-now-you-will-scratch-mine. I think time at church would be better spent thinking about those things, than treating it as a dating agency.

My husband and I didn't meet till our mid-30s, but neither of us, through long stretches of prior singledom, ran around with that kind of attitude because of it. @Gerald Wilgus, what was your attitude like before you married? I can't see you walking through the world cursing other people for having happy things, instead of being glad for them - or at the very least neutral, when you were younger and sad about things you didn't have (and we all know you didn't feel entitled to that stuff). Am I way off the mark with that guess?

Good show of character :)

I open and hold doors for females because that was how I was taught by my Mom.

When they thank me for doing so, I always reply that they should thank my mother for making her little boy the man that I am.

Good show of character :)

I open and hold doors for females because that was how I was taught by my Mom.

When they thank me for doing so, I always reply that they should thank my mother for making her little boy the man that I am.
Personally, I don't think I'm really a man cause I don't do like manly work and I'm not really confident with girls, so.

One of the biggest problems that we face today is a lack of random acts of kindness in general.

Being retired now, I always give up my place in line at a store to another who may not have that luxury yet.

It's the little things that count the most.

It's just hard talking to females, I guess.
To paraphrase Kung Fu, patience is key weedhopper, you will get there some day.
In the meantime, continue to build and display character, a most powerful attractant IMHO.

New Threads

Top Bottom