• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Getting Over Loss

You shouldent add human feelings in animals there is a difrence and defenetly in the smaller mammals compared to the bigger ones. they just see that one of them is gone and thats it they move on in life my friend . They live day by day hoer by hoer.
There is no "human emotions". Emotions are emotions are emotions. They're primitive. Animals feel scared, sad, happy, angry, etc. They just don't feel complex things like embarrassment or narcism.

I had 2 dear cats who were brothers, and when one had a stroke the other seemed a bit disturbed, like he knew something was happening. He may also have been reacting to my distress. Then within the day, the vet came to put his brother to sleep, and I remember afterwards crying, and he was not sure what was happening and didn't really seem to approach his brothers body but just seemed to want to go out. I guess in the wild theyd have to cope and carry on.

Pretty sure he did miss his brother, and he welcomed a little girl cat who moved in a year or so later, after we'd moved house. Probably your 2 may be aware Oreo is gone, but they cope and carry on. I think they may well be sad.

I hope this isn’t an improper question, but what did you do with Oreo ?? When my dog died, many years ago (14 years now) I didn’t have a house or property so I had him cremated & I’m almost ready to scatter them & let him be, but not till I’m absolutely ready.......

I hope this isn’t an improper question, but what did you do with Oreo ?? When my dog died, many years ago (14 years now) I didn’t have a house or property so I had him cremated & I’m almost ready to scatter them & let him be, but not till I’m absolutely ready.......
After he died? Burial. I couldn't find anything to build with at Walmart, so I used a wooden chest. It looked decent. I both a fake flower and planted right where I buried him. I figured he should be burier cause he's family.

There is no "human emotions". Emotions are emotions are emotions. They're primitive. Animals feel scared, sad, happy, angry, etc. They just don't feel complex things like embarrassment or narcism.

Yes but also they think in diffent ways then us humans my friend + as i also said the smaller mammals think even less of this more human ways of thinking.

Yes but also they think in diffent ways then us humans my friend + as i also said the smaller mammals think even less of this more human ways of thinking.
That may be true, but they still have the 6 basic feelings that every living creature has. Yes, animals grieve, too, but they cope and get over it because they have to continue living. It's rare for wild animals to get depression and hinder their own survival because most want to continue living. So they get over it way quicker than we do. They also live in the moment (which we should all be doing), but that's hard for humans to do.

That may be true, but they still have the 6 basic feelings that every living creature has. Yes, animals grieve, too, but they cope and get over it because they have to continue living. It's rare for wild animals to get depression and hinder their own survival because most want to continue living. So they get over it way quicker than we do. They also live in the moment (which we should all be doing), but that's hard for humans to do.

What more can say then ? I agree 101 % WELL spoken indeed

How do you know are you basing your comment on empirical (zoological or the very imperfect vivisection research)results .
Zoology is not perfect , vivisection is very very imperfect ,I personally think animals are like autistic people ,what they cannot do is communicate to humans !so that we understand !they probably do exactly the same as we do !but! we just don’t understand it.

How do you know are you basing your comment on empirical (zoological or the very imperfect vivisection research)results .
Zoology is not perfect , vivisection is very very imperfect ,I personally think animals are like autistic people ,what they cannot do is communicate to humans !so that we understand !they probably do exactly the same as we do !but! we just don’t understand it.

All i can say is ive had just about every Pet and MANY Exotic animals of all sizes in my time and i have also read & learnt ALLOT of all of them. I can only go by what i have read and my own experinces. Never said animals wasent able to feel grief or show any emotions. All i said was they think in diffent ways then us humans do. And there is also difference in smaller mammals vs bigger ones same as predators vs pray animals .

Actually they can most defently communicate with humans. Its only a question if said human is able to read & understand there language & how they communicate.

I agree to that.

I respect both of youre views on this matter of course Streetwise and AuBurney Tuckerson

My beloved guinea pig Oreo passed away due to an unknown infection.. When he fell I'll, I called the vet and did everything I could to nurse him back to health. I finally had to rush him to the emergency animal hospital cause he had a seizure and passed out, but I was too late.. Katie and JellyBean watched their herd member die as I called every place I could to help. But when I got there, they told me he has already passed..

R.I.P. Oreo
July 10th, 2017-November 3rd, 2019
"I Love You"

View attachment 57952

I don't know how on going to move on. He was family. Nothing will be able to cheer me up. Not even funny cartoons or finny animals.. I feel like it's my fault. There aren't many animal hospitals that work on exotics in my state already. I tried my best to take care of Oreo when he fell Ill on Friday.. How do people even get past grief? I miss Oreo too much, and I feel like a terrible family member because he was only 2 years old. He only lived to be 2! JellyBean and Katie seem to be taking Oreo's passing well.. Not me.. I just can't.. This truly is the worst week ever. Probably the worst year ever.

I know the feeling. Our cat passed the week after my stepgramps passed. And its like, when I try to move on, life tries to bombard me every second of every single day. It sucks and it hurts, but its not your fault. The thing to remember is to grieve. Have you taken time to let yourself grieve? To remember him long enough that you can finally move on? Because it may just take longer than most for us to move on, cause I still hurt over Rascal. I didn't know him as much as my stepmom did....but it still hurts. And it was right around his passing that my life seemed to become worse. But I don't wanna take away from what you're saying, my brain sadly gets carried away when I start talkin, I'm sorry. And I'm truly sorry about Oreo, cause it sounds to me that you were really close to him. Probably in ways the others weren't. Like I was with my cat. Its like everything I do makes me think of him, is it that way for you with Oreo?

I know the feeling. Our cat passed the week after my stepgramps passed. And its like, when I try to move on, life tries to bombard me every second of every single day. It sucks and it hurts, but its not your fault. The thing to remember is to grieve. Have you taken time to let yourself grieve? To remember him long enough that you can finally move on? Because it may just take longer than most for us to move on, cause I still hurt over Rascal. I didn't know him as much as my stepmom did....but it still hurts. And it was right around his passing that my life seemed to become worse. But I don't wanna take away from what you're saying, my brain sadly gets carried away when I start talkin, I'm sorry. And I'm truly sorry about Oreo, cause it sounds to me that you were really close to him. Probably in ways the others weren't. Like I was with my cat. Its like everything I do makes me think of him, is it that way for you with Oreo?
Kinda

New Threads

Top Bottom